Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2004, 05:31 AM

Default save a bet or call??

Hey all I need some advice on this one
MP3 is good player, I think I played this terribly and would like some input. My main question is do I Save a bet on the end or call?? Any advice or input would be appreciated.

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 raises, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP3 bets, Hero raises, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
MP1 checks, MP3 bets, Hero raises, Button folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

River: (14 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
MP3 bets, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 15 BB
Old 05-29-2004, 05:39 AM

Default Re: save a bet or call??

I would probably call and curse the river for my opponent obviously have AJ.

However I believe the correct play is to fold, your opponent open-raise preflop and bet the flop and that may be an auto bet but I believe that he thought you were trying for a free card so he also bet the turn and knew you had a hand on the turn but he hit a bigger hand on the river. Ironically had you reraised preflop this hand goes down much differently post flop and I believe that was your biggest mistake. Queens while marginal are a good hand so raise with them.
Old 05-29-2004, 08:46 AM

Default Re: save a bet or call??

Getting 15-1 I'm not folding this river heads up, but I'm not expecting win it very often either. You would have probably been shown AJ, possibly KQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Even so, he only has to have a worse hand a little less that 7% of the time.

j.k.