Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2004, 04:18 PM

Default Live 3/6 hand

Here's an interesting hand I played yesterday in a live 3/6 game. The villians in this hand are the SB and the BB. The SB plays a lot of hands but will fold if he's believes he's beat. The BB has taken a couple of bad beats by some loose players recently but does not appear to be tilting.

The hand.

UTG folds. UTG+1 calls. Folded to CO+1 who calls. I'm on the button and find Qh Qd. I raise. The SB 3-bets and the BB caps. Folded back to me, I call. 3 to the flop for 7 BB's.

Flop is 7c Qs 7s.

SB checks. BB bets. I raise. SB and BB call. 3 to the turn for 13 BB's.

Turn: Ks [ 7c Qs 7s ].

SB checks. BB checks. I bet. SB raises. BB and I call. 3 to the river for 19 BB's.

River 3s [ 7c Qs 7s Ks]

SB bets. BB and I call.

SB had Kc Kh
BB had Ah Ad

I thought it was interesting that between the SB, BB and button (me) we had the 3 best starting hands possible, in consecutive order, and that the best hand ended up 3rd at the end. I knew when the Ks came on the turn that I was beat. I had the BB on AA when he capped pre-flop. I felt the SB had AK until the turn then it was obvious to me that he had KK. I just couldn't get myself to fold. Anybody fold on the turn to the SB's raise or do you grit your teeth, knowing that you are most likely beat, and call becasue the size of the pot is big enough to warrant a call?
Old 05-28-2004, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Live 3/6 hand

If you knew you were beat, you should have folded and got a seat at a higher limit where psychic ability can be more profitable. The reads that you posted do not tell me that anyone had KK. SB could have JJ, AK, AQ, any nut flush. I would have lost at least four more big bets w/ queens full than you did.

PT
Old 05-28-2004, 05:53 PM

I would have reraised the turn. AK is more likely than KK. If he caps you, then you can start seeing monsters.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:01 PM

I think you missed some bets in here...
Old 05-28-2004, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you knew you were beat, you should have folded and got a seat at a higher limit where psychic ability can be more profitable. The reads that you posted do not tell me that anyone had KK. SB could have JJ, AK, AQ, any nut flush. I would have lost at least four more big bets w/ queens full than you did.

PT

[/ QUOTE ]

When I said I knew I was beat it was based upon the SB's actions in previous hands. He played quite a few hands but was able to fold his hands when he felt he was behind. In this particular hand I had raised pre-flop, called 2 more when it came back capped, raised the flop and then bet the turn when it was checked to me. The SB then raised. I did not believe he would raise in this situation without the best hand at the time. So, no I'm not psychic but I do believe that I had a fairly good idea what the small blind was holding.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:19 PM

So you're saying that there's no chance he would have raised the turn with AK?

[ QUOTE ]
I did not believe he would raise in this situation without the best hand at the time

[/ QUOTE ]

How does he know you have queens full?
Old 05-28-2004, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you're saying that there's no chance he would have raised the turn with AK?

[ QUOTE ]
I did not believe he would raise in this situation without the best hand at the time

[/ QUOTE ]

How does he know you have queens full?

[/ QUOTE ]

No he wouldn't have raised with AK. He wouldn't have made it 3 bets pre-flop with AK. In the 3+ hours I played against him I never saw him raise pre-flop, other than this hand, and he had shown AK on two different occassions.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:38 PM

Rusty,

Folding is out of the question. However, I like that you made a read and went with it. It would have been easy to spray more BBs out there.

Regards,
Jarid
Old 05-28-2004, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No he wouldn't have raised with AK. He wouldn't have made it 3 bets pre-flop with AK. In the 3+ hours I played against him I never saw him raise pre-flop, other than this hand, and he had shown AK on two different occassions

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have included this in your original post, I also would be hesitant to reraise a loose passive who checkraised the turn after three betting preflop when a K hit. Good read. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]