Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2004, 01:12 AM

Default Did I miss any bets?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $2. UTG+1 posts a blind of $2.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 (poster) raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (17 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (12 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks.

River: (12 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows As Ks (flush, ace high).
MP2 shows Ad Kd (two pair, aces and kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 19 BB. </font>

This was nice to see after not having a flush in over 700 hands recently. I liked having everyone bet for me, but instead of camoflauging my hand by checking the turn, should I have bet it?

Thanks,
NBB
Old 05-28-2004, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Did I miss any bets?

I would raise this flop. It was nice that the spades came in but I would be thinking about winning this pot without hitting my flush.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Did I miss any bets?

MP2's coldcall cap catches my attention, but I've got an ace in my hand and there are other people that seem to like their hands too. I'm not going to concede that he has AA or KK just yet. Given absence of reads, I'm leaning towards the prototypical PP suited ace preflop cap.

That flop is my flop with TPTK and a nut flush draw. We've got UTG+1 and MP2 who've indicated they both like their hands. Yes, I may be behind AA or KK, but I think the question becomes not if to raise but when to raise. I also want to show some action on this street other than calling so if my flush card hits, it won't look like I wake up on it. So it comes down to raising SB's bet or hoping you can call SB then 3-bet a raise behind. I think I'm going to raise immediately.

On the turn I make my flush and bet out, although I'd bet out on any card here anyway. Any hands that were beating me on the flop plus QQ are going to shovel chips in with the worst of it. When the board doesn't pair on the river, its full steam ahead.