Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2004, 11:22 AM

Default My first 3 weeks of online poker.

Hi fellow 2plus2ers. This is my first post in the forums but i've been lurking around here for about a month trying to understand some of the concepts everybody seems to know about. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I deposited 50$ about three weeks ago with the hopes of increasing the amount by playing solid poker. Before i even played my first realmoney hand i read HEFAP and WLLHE but had a little trouble understanding since i've prectically never played holdem before and only had a vague idea about what "the button" is and no idea what so ever of what the mysterious term "CO" meant.
I can proudly say that my understanding of the game have been boosted by at least 500% since i started reading these forums [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
So far i've had a great time playing at partypoker 05/1 and have been able to stabilize my game a bit over the last 2 weeks. I nearly busted in the first week after a nasty downswing of 130BB when i just hade worked my way up to 180 BB and felt that i was some kind of poker god. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

My progress have been going up steadily the past 2 weeks and i am now at 415$ after having a great streak with 15BB/hour over the last 1000 hands.
I have also downloaded the trial version of PT which is where i got my stats from, too bad the database is already full but i'm most likely going to buy the full version because i'm very impressed about it so far.

I have played a little bit with dieter01, RED_RAIn, festus22 and zootmurph from the forums. cheers to you! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
If you are having difficulty reading my post that's because i'm swedish and not very fluent in english but I do my best :P

That was my introduction to you guys and I hope you didn't fall asleep while reading it. I look forward to improving my play a great deal during my time here.

Oh, one question for you to finish it off.
I think everybody talks about adding fish to the buddy list at party and i tried that. Is it possible to see which table they are playing at? so far all i can tell is whether they are online or not and it kind of a pain in the ass looking through 100 tables just to find them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 05-18-2004, 11:29 AM

Default player search

Main Lobby -> Search Tables -> Player Search
Old 05-18-2004, 10:36 PM

Default Re: My first 3 weeks of online poker.

[ QUOTE ]

If you are having difficulty reading my post that's because i'm swedish and not very fluent in english but I do my best

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations on your success, keep it up. Sadly, you write (and undoubtedly speak) better english than most Americans, check some AOL chat rooms if you don't believe me.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations on your success, keep it up. Sadly, you write (and undoubtedly speak) better english than most Americans, check some AOL chat rooms if you don't believe me.

[/ QUOTE ]

i concur....but you dont have to go any farther (or is it further??? har har) than these forums.

evidently, you don't even need to go any farther than this very post!!
Old 05-19-2004, 04:27 AM

Hello. It's THE_RED_RAIN from empire/party poker.

I just reviewed the 94 hands you have played with me. I don't see any leaks on the weaker hands.

Jeez 41.76 BB/100 in 94 hands with 6 top 10 hands. That's pretty good.

I can't wait to see your data after 10k or more hands.

I'm at just over 15,000 hands and at 4.96 BB/100 after taking a bit hit where before I was always at 5.5 or so BB/100.

Yes get PokerTracker.

Find tables with average pot size $9 or bigger, there are always there.

Welcome to the forums.

Here are my stats at 21 days.

475 hands at $2/$4 down $15 -0.83 BB/100
2301 hands at $1/$2 down $31 -0.67 BB/100
11,389 hands at $0.50/$1 up $661.07 5.80 BB/100

The reason for the bad runs in $1/$2 and $2/$4 were the cards and didn't feel I had my game down yet.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:56 AM

Welcome to the forum and good luck!
Old 05-19-2004, 09:19 AM

Hey I played with zootmurph last night at a .5/1 table I had no idea he was from two plus two.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:19 AM

I'm at just over 15,000 hands and at 4.96 BB/100 after taking a bit hit where before I was always at 5.5 or so BB/100.

While I don't think this winrate is sustainable unless you are an expert player(even then it's unlikely), if you can keep a longterm winrate over 2BB/100, there is absolutely no reason to stay at .5-1.00. Move up to 1-2 or 2-4 as long as you have a sufficient bankroll. If you can keep a similar winrate there, keep on moving up. Honestly, you're wasting your time and money if you're playing .5-1 with that kind of winrate.

Cup
Old 05-19-2004, 11:44 AM

Is it possible to see which table they are playing at?

Party has a search function. Go to the *options* menu. You can search by a player's name and see where they're playing. I use it to see which players at my table are multi-tabling.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:48 PM

"farther" refers to distances...
"further" refers to advancing a point or to more of a degree...

Ergo, "further" is correct in this case