Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2004, 09:17 PM

Default funy river bet/ back to a table again

I headaed up to AC for the weekend and finally got to play some poker first live game since Dec and almost no online games the past several months but looks like I can get back into it now. Anyways I only recorded one hand (unfortunatly) but tell me what you think.

The Table was 3-6 Taj very loose game with 2 players seeing 80-90% flops and a couple players playing any A regardless of pos. I believe I had a fairly tight images and semi- aggresive, but except for a couple players I dont think they even consider this.

The hand UTG+1 limps Im next to act UTG+2 and raise with AQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] cut off and Big blind call.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] checked to me I bet and the cut off and UTG call

Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] This time UTG bets wich surprised me but Ive seen him do this before when a scare card came, and I was confedent I had the best hand. I raised and the cutoff folds, UTG calls.

River 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Again he bet into me wich really surprised me and I considered raiseing but decided to call it down.

My concern is my river play, After the hand I replayed it a little, something (should have done better during the hand)I believed the player was some what loose and the hands I could see him limping with is any two face cards medium pairs, I hadent played with him long enough to see if he would play a small A but a medium suted A he would come in with. Im not sure if he would go to the river with a pair of 6s but second pair hed call down. If a raised him hed probably call with any two pair and I dont think hed reraise as a bluff.

Results to follow, sorry about the typeing but Im in a hurry Thanks for the replys

<font color="white"> </font>
Old 05-16-2004, 09:57 PM

Default Re: funy river bet/ back to a table again

I like the way you played it. He gets out of line so punish him on the turn and knock out the cutoff. On the river, maybe your beat, but against this player you might be good, so let's see a showdown.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:36 PM

Default Re: funy river bet/ back to a table again

Sorry it took so long to get back Any ways he showed down J-6 for two pair and my hand was good. Guess he was even looser than I thought. Anyways It was a good trip, learned some and made some money.