Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2004, 10:27 AM

Default Playing the crazy greek at 20$/40$

Livegame. The big donater, aka crazy greek (CG) has sit down and is heavy losing. He's the kind of player who will call you down with anything. I'm not kidding, as if the cards don't matter. Keep that in mind, as it has ifluenced my decision in this hand.

I'm in the cutoff and get dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

One calling station limper, CG raises (he has capped with 34off before and dragged a pot, he called it counterraise, as he was assuming everyone holding high cards [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

Folded to me, I three-bet. SB mucks, BB coldcalls, which makes me worry a little, as he's a solid, tight player. Limper calls and CG of course caps it.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to CG who bets, I raise, BB mucks, limper coldcalls, CG calls.

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, they both call.

River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I check and win a decent pot with King high.

Comments? I deceided not to bet the river, because those guys would have called me down with any pair or even Ace high.