Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2004, 03:52 PM

Default Viewing forums

Is there a way to view the post in flat mode so that it comes out in the same order as when you see it in the threaded mode? I've looked on the edit section of "My Home", but can't seem to figure anything out. When I view in flat mode, the posts come out in order of when they were posted. I would like them to come out in order so that you can see the replies to a given message following one another. Does this make sense?

Dog
Old 05-12-2004, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Viewing forums

bad post
Old 05-12-2004, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is there a way to view the post in flat mode so that it comes out in the same order as when you see it in the threaded mode? I've looked on the edit section of "My Home", but can't seem to figure anything out. When I view in flat mode, the posts come out in order of when they were posted. I would like them to come out in order so that you can see the replies to a given message following one another. Does this make sense?

Dog

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you're saying, but don't understand why you ask for that instead of asking that people just quote what they're replying to instead of making you guess what the hell they're talking about. Why does nobody ever quote what they're replying to around here?

Patrick
Old 05-12-2004, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Dog

[/ QUOTE ]

I've wondered this myself. To anyone that's confused, what he asking is:

Is there a way to view the thread in chronological order once you click on the initial message?

Currently, you have to hunt through the time/date stamps to find out which post was entered first, second, and so on.

Thanks for any help.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:24 PM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.

When you are in Flat mode, you can always click on the link after the title of the post you are reading, to see which specific previous post is being replied to.

In this post that link says: [Re: twomarks]

And if you hover your mouse arrow over this link, it will tell you the post # of the post being replied to.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've wondered this myself. To anyone that's confused, what he asking is:

Is there a way to view the thread in chronological order once you click on the initial message?

Currently, you have to hunt through the time/date stamps to find out which post was entered first, second, and so on.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can see the posts in chronological order in flat mode, but that is not what he is asking. What he wants to know, and forgive if I'm wrong about this southerndog, but I sure would like to know if there is a way of getting all the postings displayed at the same time in threaded order so that one can more easily follow the conversations and sub-conversations that freqauently develop in a thread.

GWB's post is helpful in that it gives you a way of getting immediately to the message a post responds to, but it would be really neat if you could display it all in threaded form. I often print threads out and occassionally find the multiple conversations difficult to follow.

Thanks all,

MKR