Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2004, 12:25 AM

Default perspective **OT**

i'm posting this because you guys are my online family and maybe someone will heed my warning and not do the make the same mistake.

i'm not sure why i did this, and now am very sorry i did.

my nephew sent me the complete file of the american boy's beheading, and i watched it.

i have always had no problem with the stupid "faces of death" videos and such, so this has nothing to do with my ability to handle gore.

when i finished watching this video, i got immediately overwhelmed with the notion that this world is mightily fuked up right now. in the space of the 6 minute video, i went from a happy camper caring about 500mil hand promos, american idol etc., to a person that is in fear of the future.

kooks, pattern maps and even the wsop all seem so trivial now.

i've never viewed the world in the perspective i do now, and it is a sad day.

sorry to be a wet blanket, but i have never been so pesimistic in my life, and that includes issues concerning my own health.

don't watch this video my friends. if you do, be prepared

god help our troops
Old 05-12-2004, 12:53 AM

Default Re: perspective **OT**

Granny

Im glad you posted this because i share the same exact feeling you do. I too watch the edited version of the video and was truely sickened. Today was the first time in my life I felt embarrased for the human race. This world is mightily messed up right now and its hard to see change in the near future.

That being said their is much good in this world... it just seems to get drowned out by all the bad. Today I saw a brief story about an effort to buy school books for Iraqi children... we need more stories like this.

One of my greatest high school experiences was taking part in the schools SOS program (service over self). Although I no longer volunteer this was one of the most rewarding moments in my life. Giving for the sake of other is very rewarding for both parties involved. If you are in the position to give, either financilly of through donating your time, please look into some of your options. Tonight, I am making a small donation to my favorite charity UNICEF.... hopefully it will cheer me up a little bit knowing that some little bugger somewhere in the world is getting the medicine he needs.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around."
Henry David Thoreau

Best Regards
Brian
Old 05-12-2004, 01:13 AM

Old 05-12-2004, 02:11 AM

I too watch the edited version of the video and was truely sickened.

cubby, i am sorry to say that i was talking about the 100% unedited version. i had seen the edited ones earlier and they were bad enough.
the site of the severing, and the head being carried around will not easily leave me. again, not from the gore perspective, just from the feeling of impending doom perspective.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:25 AM

There is always terrible stuff going on the in world. Believe it or not, we're in a relatively peaceful time right now. None of the world's major armies are at war with each other. Nuclear superpowers are relatively friendly. Things could be much, much worse, and have been at many times in the past. Be happy. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2004, 02:43 AM

The world is all fu**ed up right now. 9/11 has changed everything, forever. I don't remember dreams very often, but last night I layed in bed sleepless after a nice dream about terrorists blowing up a nuke in LA. I didn't have dreams like this before.

My brother just had his first kid, he's thrilled, and I'm proud and happy for him. but in the back of my mind I'm wondering how you could bring a child into a sh!tty mess like this. especially 15 miles from Dearborn, which some nut could turn into a mushroom cloud at any time.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:46 AM

i haven't seen the clip edited or unedited, and i will avoid doing so. i saw a teaser for the news today that showed the victim sitting on his knees, and the news preview mentioned a tape of his beheading. he looked very submissive in the little clip i saw. i don't want to watch the clip, but i would like to know from those who have seen it if he fought back at all, or even knew it was coming. it disgusts me to think that the u.s. is catching [censored] for creating a gay guy pile, when our enemies do this. i am sorry to say this, but we must be willing to stoop to their level. morals go out the window in a fight, especially one this difficult to win. these terrorists don't give 2 shits if they die. however, i think they care if their bodies are mutilated after death and disrespectful stuff like that. the u.s. and all freedom loving countries need to understand that freedom is not free. fight them with things that they care about. i still have trouble believing that people love oppression so much that they would kill for it. rant over.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:58 AM

As long as we are ranting in the wrong forum, I will take a turn:

I have not seen the tape, nor will I go searching for it. However, I do hope that the people in the media who decided to release the photos of the Iraqi prisoners are haunted by this tape for the rest of their lives. Our country is in the middle of a war. We have Americans (soldiers & civilians) in the danger zone. Regardless of individual opinions of the abuse of prisoners, the release of these photos was reckless and guaranteed that Americans and our Allies captured in Iraq will abused, tortured and killed. Any moron could have figured this out.

These media geniuses should be relieved of their jobs so they can go work for Party Poker support where they belong.

SF
Old 05-12-2004, 07:13 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.

Given your desire to continually show the coffins of Americans returning to this country, I am sure you will agree with me that it is important that the video of the beheading is shown repeatedly. Lest we forget who we are up against.

Since many seem to have forgotten how our War against Terrorism got started, perhaps it is time to show the 9/11 videos over and over again. Remember the people who jumped to their deaths to avoid being burned to death? That was a truly sad day, and my administration will not conveniently forget about it, nor should any of us.

Sometimes we need a reminder of what True Evil in the world is.

W
Old 05-12-2004, 07:25 AM

There is nothing such as true evil, only diffrent aspects of the truth. Chanting for revenge is only going to get you (us all) furhter down the road of disaster...