Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2004, 06:15 PM

Default Tribute to Dynasty hands

Dynasty ( & all )
Strange coincidence you should make your excellent post in NV&G today since I was thinking of you and 2+2'ers in general during this session. Thanks for the help wether you knew it or not.

Playing 6-12 live at Lucky Chances early Saturday morning and the game was phenomonal! Typical 5-7 players for one or two bets. On my right, 3 guys who've been playing since early Friday night. I arrived fresh just after 4AM.
On my immediate left a loose semi agro player who could really improve his raising standards. The rest of the table is typical opposition. Callers all around. Capped pots are rare, about 2-3 per hour.
1st hand, about 2 hours into session:

I'm UTG +3 w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and limp after on limper.
Mr. Needs to raise his raising standards ( NTRHRS )raises. LMP calls, button calls, BB calls etc....

Flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

All check to NTRHRS who bets, LMP calls, button folds BB calls, 1st limper folds and I c/r. All call

Turn K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img](Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])

I bet out, Mr NTRHRS raises LMP calls folded back to me andI 3 bet, Mr. NTRHRS calls, LMP folds.

River blanks, I bet he calls & MHIG. Not too surprizing here, but I post this hand as part of my tribute to Dynasty's past discussions about Axs and how playable they are in good games and knowing your opponets standards.

2nd hand , 6 hours into session. Same player from my left has moved one seat over. I open UTG +1 w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Mr NTRHRS cold calls to folded to BB who calls> just 3 to the flop for 2bb's.

Flop 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, both call.

Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

BB suddenly bets, I raise....

Reults for 2nd hand in white below.

Thanks again Dynasty, will see you some day ( I've already met that yo-yo Clarkmeister [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ) and feel free to flame away!!!

Tim <font color="white"> Both Mr. NTRHRS and BB go into the tank almost simultaneausly. BB mutterring to his end of the table," man that's a good raise " Mr NTRHRS looks at me like " Please not again " after a few seconds they both fold. The funny thing here was that the previous hand was also won by pocket aces. Love how BB went from putting me on an over pair that his small straight or 2 pair might have beat to putting me on the nut flush.

Dynasty, in the past I would not have had the raise here in me and would probably have lost the pot.

</font>

* edited to make the white color work, doh *