Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2004, 03:24 PM

Default Stud Software?

Hi guys,

Just ordered West's book and 7CSFAP, they'll be here in a few days. I'm going to start learning stud so that I have a second game that I can play.

I was wondering if there is something like pokertracker that works for stud?

Thanks,
Jason
Old 05-11-2004, 12:31 AM

Default Re: Stud Software?

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering if there is something like pokertracker that works for stud?

[/ QUOTE ]
Give me a few months and I'll write one.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:17 PM

I was wondering the same thing..lol..let us know if you find anything..I haven't so far..and if you write one I'm interested..
Old 05-13-2004, 05:15 PM

I emailed Pat from PokerTracker fame in Jan about adding Omaha/Stud but there aren't near term plans to include them.

Of course, if you email Pat too we'll have the beginnings of a popular movement. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2004, 10:31 PM

I'm really surprised there isn't anything out there, anyone talented enough to write one has an open market. I'd probably be willing to pay $20 for something with even basic functionality (basic stats and a replayer).

After using PT for so long with hold'em it's going to be tough learning a new game without any data to examine. Guess I'll have to do it the old fashioned way (paper, yuk).

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
jHE
Old 05-16-2004, 05:52 PM

what are you looking for (I don't use PokerTracker as I primarily play Omaha 8 and draw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .. pretty much something that tracks your pairs, right?
Separation between split or hidden?
3-flush (regardless of rank?), 3-straights?
Gimme some details and you'll give me something to do (-grin-)
Old 05-16-2004, 11:41 PM

Hehe, well I...ah...haven't exactly learned to play yet (Chuck says my books are on the way though). So I'm not sure exactly what I need, as silly as that sounds. I was really just hoping something already existed, not sure if I'd be the right person to design the system.

PT tracks all your pocket cards and totals, but that would be impractical for stud since there would be so many more combinations. Probably focusing on pairs and flushes (and strights?) like you suggested is really all you need in a program as far as results. To be honest I learn more from PT by pulling up hands I made mistakes on and watching with the replay function. Even if someone could just write a graphical replayer for stud it would be great (maybe one of those exists already? I thought they were just for hold'em).

Anyways, now that I think about the complexity of the starting hands I see why there isn't a program in the market. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I'm sure you have the talent to write one ( [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ), and if you're bored and want to give it a shot I'd love to see what you come up with.

Thanks,
J

PS - Tell Felicia I said hi.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:54 AM

yes all of those categories you mentioned as well as a way to track win rate if possible...thx..
Old 05-24-2004, 03:49 PM

What would be really good is a piece of software that tracks all the upcards + folded cards. This would make multi-tabling stud a doddle. It could then calculate your chances of improving your hand.

For example, if you have a 4-flush on 6th it could look at how many of your suit are out, + how many total cards youve seen and from that determine the chances of improving to the flush.

I would pay good money for a piece of software that could do this.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:28 PM

For the time being, I'm going to leave this task to asdf1234, or others that have already started work on similar projects. I'd be reinventing the wheel screen scrapping or otherwise understanding the what cards are coming down that programs like PokerTracker currently do.

I'm actually still interested in doing it, however, my pc crashed not too long ago and now I find that I'm having trouble reinstalling VC++. I know I need a new computer, but until I make enough to toss a grand on a new one, I'm going to trudge along with this one [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]