Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2004, 02:30 PM

Default Disgusting Hand---How bad is this?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

I think I should have raised the one limper. Hopefully it buys me the button and I can go from there.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls, MP2 folds.

I think this is fine. Hopefully button will raise and protect my hand then I can call him down. Well he folded. What the hell does BB have? Qx? Wired pair bigger than 5s?

Turn: (5.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

OK, he has the 5. This call pisses me of. I should be able to get away from this. I don't have odds to draw one of the 2 remaining Queens.

River: (9.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

I think this fold pisses me off as much as the call on the turn. I think I need to call down if I'm going to call on the turn. Folding the turn is still superior but calling then folding is the worst of everything. I really wanted to break something after this hand.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 9.20 BB, won by BB.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by BB.</font>
Old 05-04-2004, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Disgusting Hand---How bad is this?

I might have played it the same way, but I don't see any reason to call the turn raise. The pot is reasonably small, and there is almost no chance you're ahead. You might well be drawing dead ... I guess maybe there's a chance he's on KJ or J9 and has slight maniac tendancies.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Disgusting Hand---How bad is this?

Well, I pretty much think you did the analysis yourself. Calling the turn is probably marginal, but calling turn and then not showing down was worse.

For one more bet, at least find out what he's up to.