Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2004, 01:37 PM

Default what does he have?

5-5 pl 2 limpers, over aggressive logical player (oalp)makes it 25, i call on button w/67 both limpers call, everyone has appx a $grrr. i figure oalp for a "real" hand here big pocket pair, ak, aqs. flop 6c6hTc, early limper bets 25 mid limper calls oalp calls i make it 100 all fold to oalp who calls. turn is 4c oalp jumps out and bets the pot...what do you put him on here? whats your play? my play below
<font color="white"> </font>

I put him on black aces and move3d him in. my logic was he wouldn't call with a flush draw on the flop and he wouldnt bet out with a full house on the turn i cant put him on a hand like a6 pre flop so i dont feel im facing 666 bigger kicker. it turns out he had AcKc and just got too attached to his hand, he busted me, does anyone think he played correctly? <font color="white"> </font>

Old 05-04-2004, 01:47 PM

Default Re: what does he have?

I don't think he played poorly.

What hand would you hold that he wouldn't beat if he hits his draw? 66 unlikely, TT, possible, but I would think TT would just call that flop.

He only has to put in $75 more into a pot already at $275.

I think the call is correct, he could still feel that his over card outs are in play, and that you are protecting your T.

Old 05-04-2004, 01:50 PM

Your results aren't in white so I saw them. I have no problem with the way he played the hand. He has to put you on a 6 or pocket pair when you raise the flop. He is drawing to the nut flush which is in all likelyhood good. The 4c is not a card that would fill you up unless you played 64. The only hand he realistically is losing to on the turn is TT. I think you overplayed your hand a bit.

If you read him for black AA, why not call the turn and see what the river brings? There are only 10 cards that can come off to make black AA beat you.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:51 PM

limon,

As far as he play, I feel he played it fine. On the flop there is $110 in the pot. There is a $25 bet, and a caller, thus its $160 in the pot to call a $25 bet...easy call with the nutflush draw and two over cards.

Once you raise $75 more, his $75 call into a $235 pot at about 3-1 doesnt seem to bad since you could be raising any number of hands from a draw to over cards to a PP.

The rest of the hand plays itself.

JW
Old 05-04-2004, 01:57 PM

Flop 2 limper...5 +5
OALP....25
Limon....25
Limpers call.....$100 in preflop.

Flop
1 limper bets 25
2nd limper calls 25
OALP calls 25
Limon makes it 100
fold - fold (limpers)
OALP to act.

Pot is at 275 with OALP to call 75 more.

that gives much more then 3:1 odds

3.6667 : 1

Are these the correct #'s?
Old 05-04-2004, 02:02 PM

Default a question...

...do you all routinely call people who raise through 3 players on a paired board with a flush draw? is this a profitable play that i am missing? i cant imagine calling with a flush draw in his position going to the felt with no idea if my hand is good or if im drawing dead.

i moved him in on the turn cause i thought he would call but dont really mind if he folds. the pot has like 1500 and he only has 500ish left. i also thought he might make a deal with me but he didnt want to.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:12 PM

Default Re: a question...

I would think that *he* was thinking that you wouldnt raise with a boat here, and if you had trips, you would raise more to force out the flush draw.

Since he saw neither, who knows what he thought other than for $75 more he had a shot at busting a stack.

JW
Old 05-04-2004, 02:18 PM

To answer your question, no I don't make this call. If I had postion in the hand it may swing my decision to a call, but it is a fold out of position.

What does he think of your play? In his mind are you capable of making this raise with a lower flush draw? A pocket pair? Do you have to have a 6 or a FH to make this raise? If he views you as a tricky player that is raising with a wide variety of hands in this spot that he is drawing live against, his call seems automatic. The problem is he will never be sure his hand is good, no matter what falls on the turn/river. That's the main reason I fold the hand because I hate to draw to a hand I can't feel comfortable about when I hit.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:56 PM

Hi,

It depends on his read on you doesn't it?

I have never played with you, thankfully, but based on your postings here, I think you raise a lot preflop and you call a lot of raises preflop and then raise a lot on the flop. So I don't think a logical player can always put you on a hand they should be afraid of since it should be obvious you don't have to have a huge hand to put chips into the middle.

I do think its a gamble to call a raise on a paired board and against certain types of players its never profitable, but against someone who will call raises with suited connectors and raise through 3 peole with just trips on a paired board I think you have to gamble it up if you get HU's with them because they don't have to have the nuts to bet and if you only call with the nuts you are going to get run over all night.

Respectfully,
MarkV.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:29 PM

if I was your opponent, I would not have called the 25 on the flop to begin with. if I had decided to call the 25, then I would be ready to go to the felt with my hand if I hit.

I am curious why you only made it 100 straight. in this situation I would either flat call or raise the pot every time. what was your reasoning?

you don't strike me as the type of player who needs trips to raise a weak underbet on the flop, so your opponents aren't necessarily going to give you a lot of credit in that spot, although they probably should have.

I have a hard time putting your opponent on black aces on the turn. the board is paired, the flush is there, and he's betting into an aggressive flop raiser with an overpair? I think he would have raised the flop with AA, I would put him on AK. easy for me to say now.

--turnipmonster