Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2004, 05:30 PM

Default Swing High, Swing Low (Sweet Chariot)--Anybody else?

This is going to be a pretty ambiguous post, so hang with me, and there's not going to be any specific content, so feel free to ignore. "Nothing to see here folks. Move along!"

After a nice two week run, I have the sense that my play has not been good for several days. This is aside from the expected variance in multi-table play. I think I'm getting into too many coin-flip-or-worse situations, playing too aggresively, entering pots too loosely.

Wothout getting too far into self-analysis, I suspect that in general I'm just pushing too hard in an effort to reach the adrenalin-rush stage of tournaments, and thus coming nowhere close.

I'm curious if anyone else out there has noticed a similar trend in their own play after a win or two, or a good stretch of finishes. If so, and you feel like responding, please do. Did you notice your play at the time? Did you do anything specific to try to cure it? I am hoping that making this post will off itself make me think a nano-second longer before acting.

Thanks for bearing with me.

Doug
Old 04-28-2004, 11:20 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC
Default Re: Swing High, Swing Low (Sweet Chariot)--Anybody else?

i am experiencing the identical syndrome. end of march/early april i was en fuego. i haven't placed in the money in my regular tourns. in a lil while now, i feel i may be playing a touch looser and more agro, possibly feeling like my chit dont stink cause of my streak. i also think it is just cards coming back to reality, and it feels like i am not playing well compared to the recent rush.

I think part of my hyper-agro, has been to get mucho chips now so i can reach that adrenalin rush part of the tourney. when you lose that ever critical patience required early on, you are pretty much doomed from the start and i have fallen victim to that lately. also(not meant to be self serving) but i have had some major scores lately, and i look at these buy ins as no big deal, so i am getting a touch sloppy with my hard earned money. so i am entering knowlingly(kind of) coin flip situations more often to get that gamble feel, when i have a short roll, my game is much more on point......
Old 04-29-2004, 01:03 AM

Default Re: Swing High, Swing Low (Sweet Chariot)--Anybody else?

I'm right there with both of you. Last week I finished 2nd in 2 small MTTs at UB. The last 4 or 5 days I've played a few and feel like I have no clue. So, if nothing else, I feel your pain.