Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2004, 02:18 PM

Default Comments please

Button was horrible pre-flop, played decently after the flop. Should I even bet this flop, much less call a raise?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero raises, MP folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero bets, Button raises, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, Button bets, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 4.75 BB, won by Button.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by Button.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. Button wins 5.75 BB. </font>

--------------

Here the button is LAG, seems to be tilting lately. Check/call proper after the turn pairs and makes a possible flush or am I playing too weak?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero raises, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, Button raises, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls.

River: (12.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 12.25
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 12.25, between Button and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (12.25).</font>

Hero shows Tc Ts (two pair, tens and threes).
Button shows As 8d (two pair, eights and threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 12.25 </font>

-------------

BB is a typical party 1/2 6 max player.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero raises, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 9.25 BB, between BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (9.25 BB).</font>

BB shows 4h 9h (flush, queen high).
Hero shows Ks Kh (one pair, kings).
Outcome: BB wins 9.25 BB. </font>
Old 04-25-2004, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Comments please

1st hand...I would bet on the Flop, but fold to a raise. Its possible he is semi-bluffing with a 9 or a K, but even then he may have overcards....too many ways you can lose, even if he doesn't have a pair.

2nd hand: I would just check/call on the Turn and the River.

3rd hand: I think you played it fine....a bet on the river after you have raised on the turn often means he's caught something or completely bluffing...which means you can't raise because he'll raise when he has it and fold when he doesn't, so you don't gain anything extra.
Old 04-25-2004, 03:16 PM

Hand 3: Why not raise the flop here?

jess
Old 04-25-2004, 04:57 PM

Hand 1: I would check fold the flop most the time. Betting out might be okay, the problem with that is, if you get called, then what to you do on the turn. Bet out again? I would fold to a raise on the flop for sure though.

Hand two: I like it. Before looking at the results, it looks like he has A8. I would fire of another on the turn thinkm then call a raise, and then check call the river. If he was going to slowplay an overpair that beats your 10's, then it seems like he woulda waited till the expensive streets.

Hand three: I woulda raised the river, and called then hated calling a three bet. I might be wrong, but I dont think that that bet more often times then not, means your behind.

Catch-

Old 04-25-2004, 07:00 PM

hand 1: bet and fold to a raise (second best: call a raise, and check-fold the turn)

hand 2: BET the turn! i feel very strongly about this, you don't want to checkraise your overpair in case of a 3-bet of a flopped set or 2-pair, but you won't feel bad calling a raise and you don't wanna see the turn checked through wich is after a capped flop i admit unlikely.

hand 3: you played fine.