Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2004, 03:37 PM

Default 98 Sooted!

Party Poker NL25 - 10 handed.
Standard table of weaks, tights, crazys and fishys.

Two limpers to me, I call w/ 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in late mp w/ $35, button calls, sb min raises, bb calls, everyone else calls.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - $6

Checks to late ep (~25) who bets 2, MP calls (~15), I call, button calls (~20). Everyone else folds.

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - $14

Check to LEP who bets 6, Mp Folds, I raise to 15, button folds, MP re-raise all in ( 1 buck), I call.

Pretty basic play right? I thought it was pretty standard but I got all out of watcher criticism which I don't care about but I had to mute like 3 people. lol. I just wanted to double check and run it past you guys... Any advise, comments are welcome. Comments from me, outcome and general pandering to follow, of course. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2004, 04:08 PM

Default Re: 98 Sooted!

That's how I would have played it - what did the hecklers say?
Old 04-22-2004, 04:09 PM

I would have played the hand exactly as you did. On the turn you have two pair and the flush draw...doesn't get too much better than that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2004, 05:25 PM

Default Results

I was pleased with my play as it does not get much better than two pair with 12 outs on the river. But the rail went off on me afterwards because of what the LEP showed and played the hand like the knew what he had all along. Saying it was a losing play. I actually loved it - they tagged me as a fish and I won some good pots in the next 30 minutes. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

However, I began to question whether it was a good play or not because of what he showed. However, even then and now, they will make that play with AK, KQ, etc. most of the time to more than make up for the profitability on it.

Thanks for you comments guys!

So let me get to those results.

River: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Showdown: LEP shows K8o for top two pair, and I show the flush and take it down.
Old 04-23-2004, 05:57 PM

Hi,

Wouldn't this have been a good place for a semi-bluff based on such a weak bet into such a large pot? You might sweaten the pot by trapping MP between you and EP.

Your 1 off the button so good chance you'll buy the button and get to check-behind if you dont like your hand on the turn if you get called.

They should be heckling MP, he should have been raising in a multi-way pot on that board. His made hand got cracked due to his passive play.

2 pair isnt strong enough to play that slow on that board with that many people taking the flop.

MarkV.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Results

Wait, let me get this clear. They're calling YOU a fish when the guy with the second best hand shows down K8o from early position after a pre-flop raise?

Wow.

Don't listen to these douchebags. They wouldn't know a losing play if it hit them right in the balls.