Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2004, 05:38 AM

Default Has it finally happened?

Right now I am playing at what used to be prime Party Poker hours. The largest average pot at the NL 100 full ring games is 54$. A few months ago, there'd have been at least one game with a pot average twice that high.

The 6 max tables aren't even all that wild, and its 530AM eastern time. It is indeed possible that Party Poker is drying up. In my humble opinion the 6-max tables are accelerating this process. Hopefully, the World Series and WPT can get things going for us again!
Old 04-22-2004, 06:10 AM

Default Re: 6max is a pain in the ass

it seems that every other night there is a 7 player waiting list at NL-100.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:24 AM

Default Re: Has it finally happened?

[ QUOTE ]
Right now I am playing at what used to be prime Party Poker hours. The largest average pot at the NL 100 full ring games is 54$. A few months ago, there'd have been at least one game with a pot average twice that high.

The 6 max tables aren't even all that wild, and its 530AM eastern time. It is indeed possible that Party Poker is drying up. In my humble opinion the 6-max tables are accelerating this process. Hopefully, the World Series and WPT can get things going for us again!

[/ QUOTE ]

Party NL ring games and SNGs used to be a goldmine. The $25 NL and 10+1 SNGs now are harder than the $100 NL and 50+5 SNGs were when I started. Personally I'm playing the limit games a lot more - NL rarely pays off anymore.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:14 AM

I certainly have found the $25 NL on Party much different. I took about a 2 week break from Party and tried to collect some monthly bonuses. I came back after the weather had gotten a bit nicer and the 6-max tables came out.

It seems to have gone from extremely loose to more weak-tight. It is much easier to steal blinds. However people have fancy play syndrome. They like to slowplay and check raise everything. I have lost many stacks with TPTK and 2 pair. This leads to a much more cautious play if I expect to go to the river, but more aggressive if I want to just take the pot.

Once you make the adjustments, 15bb/100 is still easy.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:31 AM

dumb question - 15 bb/hour = 15 big blinds or 15 big bets (30 big blinds)?

is party still the easist site? i haven't played NL anywhere else. i'd like to in order to try playing w/ deeper stacks but have always assumed party would be more profitable.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:40 AM

Default Blessing in Disguise

Hey Shaun,

I've noticed the same thing. BUT, I've found that Party has become even MORE profitable. These 6-max tables are playing ridiculously tight. I'm playing about 50% of my hands and just running the games over.

This has been a huge adjustment from my wait-til-you-have-the-nuts-then-double-up strategy that I used to employ on Party. But, it's been great so far. I highly recommend that you give it a try and see what you think (just give me your name so that I know which tables to avoid [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

ML4L
Old 04-22-2004, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dumb question - 15 bb/hour = 15 big blinds or 15 big bets (30 big blinds)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I have the same question, even though I posted the 15bb/hour. That's the number that I pulled out of PokerTracker for a small sample size, after my recent adjustments. I had always thought of it as 15 big blinds in the NL games. But I did read that PTracker calculates it as 2*the big blind and it would be more comparable to limit's 2 big bets/100.

I haven't converted my actual winnings into hands/hour to find out what number it is reporting.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:45 PM

Then its 2xBigBlind.. In that case your result is 30xBigBlind!

(If you let your mouse hover over the "BB/100 Hands box" in pokertracker you will see this: [ QUOTE ]
Big Bets won per 100 hands (for PL/NL games a big bet is defined as 2 times the Big Blind amount)

[/ QUOTE ]