Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2004, 03:20 PM

Default New NL player with some questions

Hi, I've played many limit hold em games, and lately in the last 4 months a lot of sngs at 20+2 and 30+3 NL thats my staple, just trying out NL right now for fun during the days, as it seems that sngs are tight during the day. Wondering if you guys could give me some pointers. Playing 25 NL / Pot Limit

Am I playing right, when I'm making a lot of all ins with 2 pair, and tptk when it seems people are drawing on me, or too aggressive. I tried my hand at NL a year ago, but it seemd suckouts came quite a bit, I'd be up a lot and then lose everything. Should I be leaving after big pots? (which is certainly not the way limit players play).

Also how does pot limit differ from NL, I've been playing pot limit the same way.

Lastly, how much can I expect to win in $25 NL, there doesn't seem to be as much money in it as opposed to playing 4 limit tables at once. Anyone play more than 1 no limit table?

thanks,
Jimmy