Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2004, 03:06 PM

Default QQ in BB

QQ delt in BB, UTG maniac raises all fold to button which calls, SB calls. I 3-bet all call.

Flop:
KK7
SB checks, I bet, all call. So i think I may be ahead. Is this too early to assume?

Turn:
SB folds, I bet, all call.

River:
A, the board is rainbow, so I bet. Should I check, most players at table chase Ax? I get raised by UTG, button calls, so I fold. Is this right play?
Old 04-20-2004, 03:14 PM

Default Re: QQ in BB

Pot is large, so I think I call the raise, but I go to showdown too much [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

I think I check the river (which may be a weak-tight move), but why are they still calling if they have nothing?
Old 04-20-2004, 03:42 PM

The flop is too early to assume you have the best of it. SB could be weak-tight with kicker troubles. The button may smooth-call so that you bet and the maniac calls the turn before he shows his strength.. trapping the maniac for another bet.

If UTG is a true maniac.. I think I would check the river, let the maniac bet. If the button raises, you can safely fold and if he calls, you can complete the action. If you bet out, you cannot fold to the maniac raise unless the button cold-calls.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:50 PM

I like this play.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:54 PM

The problem is that folks tend to slow play big trips, so getting just called is no surprise and therefore no indication that you have the best hand. 3 calls is somewhat worrysome. Never-the-less the turn bet is probably a good one so long as you CAN lay it down if raised.

River bet pretty bad unless you think they will still call with a pair of 9s AND would not call the turn with a stiff Ace.

With the maniac in I'd almost always check the river since he's a big favorite to bet no matter what. If others fold then call otherwise sweat it out.

- Louie