Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2004, 02:58 AM

Default How to play low flush on flop

I'm a new user here so if this has been asked a zillion times before please tell me how to do the appropriate search.

It's early in the tourney and I have a moderate amount of chips. No rebuy. I don’t have a real good feel for what kinds of players are in the game but it’s a safe bet most are more experienced than me. I

I'm UTG and hold 9d7d. I limp in. Somebody in MP makes a moderate raise. We get 6 callers including me. Flop comes 4d 2d 5d. Blinds check. I go all in.

My reasoning was that if I slow play the hand all I’ll be doing is running the risk of somebody else catching a higher flush if another diamond falls. If somebody wants to stay in with a straight, good for me. If somebody already has a higher flush then I’m probably screwed anyway. So, I tried to take the pot right away. Is this the correct play?

Thanks in advance.

- Orange

Old 04-20-2004, 03:04 AM

Default Re: How to play low flush on flop

i might overbet the pot on the flop a little and see what hits the turn. if the 4th of the suit hits the turn, i can fold to a huge bet or raise comfortably, but if it doesn't, and the guy is holding the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or something, i'd rather get it all in there to make him make the bigger mistake by calling.

this all depends on stack size really.