Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2004, 02:12 PM

Default PokerTracker and blinds tracking

Hello,

This is my first post on 2+2. I have been lurking for over a year now.(hold the applause, please) I have a question on blind defense. I am losing the most money from the blinds. I do notice that I do make money when I see the flop but over all I do lose. Is this common? Do most people lose money from the blinds overall and make money when seeing the flop either by checking, calling the raise or raising? I am interested if most people stats are similar.

Thanks,

Mack
Old 04-19-2004, 02:23 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker and blinds tracking

From the BB and SB positions, everyone is a longterm loser. The forced bet and bad position is simply too much to overcome. Everyone works to minimize this, and it helps that you get to see a lot of flops cheaply - so if you don't count the costs of the blinds themselves, the BB and SB should be very profitable positions for you.

But, yeah, the forced bet makes both positions long-term losers.
Old 04-19-2004, 02:31 PM

Also, you've got to consider that everytime you don't complete in the SB you've lost 1/2 of a small bet, and everytime you fold to a raise in the BB you've lost 1 whole SB. So even if you never played out of the blinds you'd lose money.
Old 04-19-2004, 02:41 PM

First, welcome to the forum as a poster.

Second, you are supposed to lose money out of the blinds. The important question, is are you losing more or less than if you just folded them every lap. If you are losing more, then we have some work to do, if it is less, then you are actually making back some of the money that you posted, and it just about trying to win more money from the blinds (which you sometimes do by losing less when you should fold).

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:19 PM

Through almost 5,000 hands, mostly 1/2 and 2/4 heres my stats for you. Not sure if they are typical or not at all because I've never seen anyone else post theirs, and this is only 5000 hands.
Amount Req to Post BB: $900
Diff w/o blind (BB): $650
Amount Req to Post SB: $415
Diff w/o blind (SB) $317

I'm thinking this is pretty good because I'm gaining a lot back from posting blinds however I am overall a loser from the blinds like everyone else. My BB/hand is -.18 (-.50 from posting) from the BB and -.10 (-.25 from posting) from the SB.

Ponks
Old 04-19-2004, 05:24 PM

Thanks much for the comments. I guess if you make money out of the blinds, not taking into account the times you fold, you should be making money. I still am a little behind in the SB. I am currently not making money in the SB.(slightly unprofitable) I will have to analyze my hand selection. I feel this is the hardest position to play. Do you all agree with this??

Mack