Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2004, 01:46 AM

Default 1mil final table chat

can these guys, or can they not see that MESS?

whether they can or not, it is insane that the site does not kill the chat of those worst offendors.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2004, 01:58 AM

Default Re: 1mil final table chat

[ QUOTE ]
can these guys, or can they not see that MESS?

whether they can or not, it is insane that the site does not kill the chat of those worst offendors.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. It just gets sick at those final tables of pretty much any of the "bigger" multis. Party's too lazy to do anything about it because "the players can turn off the chat window". But hey, who doesn't like seeing 500 people who didn't even enter tell the players what they should do?

-Edge
Old 04-18-2004, 02:04 AM

there must have been more than 500 watching, but it seemed like only 5 or 6 that were causing the most traffic. do you know if the players could see it at that point? or is it filtered like stars?

i know that even without those few idiots it still would have been crazy, but still...

btw, i was watching a simple paradise wsop final a couple of weeks ago rooting on a 2+2er. i was not even going crazy, and the rest of the railbirds told me to shut up. i don't know if it is good or bad that i was one of the only ones chatting at that wsop sat, but it certainly made a more civilized environment to not have that scrolling mass of garbage.

Old 04-18-2004, 02:16 AM

Having not yet made a final table in one of the big ones, I can't say for sure what happens, but I'm 99% sure that the players would either turn off the chat or are comfortable just ignoring it. You're right about the mess it makes, and its hardly bearable. I have witnessed the "Floorperson", when they decide to show up, threaten to take away chat privileges of the REALLY bad offenders, but I have yet to see it actually happen.

On a side note, how about the shorter of the stacks when they got HU just basically going into a shell and mucking every hand till he couldn't even recover?

-Edge
Old 04-18-2004, 02:50 AM

how about the shorter of the stacks when they got HU just basically going into a shell and mucking every hand till he couldn't even recover?

PIVOTAL hand was the LOOOOOVE GrannyMae where champ had Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and scooped a big one.

however, as soon as i saw that the champ started using his stack, i knew it was ovah. 160k no good against a 2mil+ stack as long as stack uses his stack.

was still fun to see how far internet poker has come for this to have been not even close to the biggest. been a crazy 5 years. makes me wonder how big the prizes will get.

Old 04-18-2004, 02:57 AM

How much was the first prize?
Old 04-18-2004, 03:00 AM

tiny

$250,000.00

woooooo

Old 04-18-2004, 03:47 AM

I got 6th! starving college student can pay his bills now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Only a few people annoying... when it was 2 tables, there were jackholes at tbl1, but my table was pretty good in terms of rail birds...

Old 04-18-2004, 05:07 AM

I got 6th!

college boy too, huh?

got condoms?? bring some of that cash, but please no rupees. Granny don't take rupees, but i'll take my teeth out for 5% of your payday.

Old 04-18-2004, 01:28 PM

6th and 5th place were both apparently 2+2ers. Congratulations on your wins!