Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2004, 04:34 PM

Default How do I lay down?

6/12 Hollywood Park, Loose Table, Few decent players!

UTG raises, he is one of the few decent players.... probably has a strong hand.

I am UTG+1 and I cold call with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] The only reason I called, is I figured that there would be about 6 to the flop or more.... that is the way the table had been going since I sat down for the last hour or so....

As predicted 2 MP players called, the button called and the BB called.... 6 to the flop for 2 SB each.

The flop came 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].... I like it!

The MP 2 player bet, button called, BB folded, UTG called, and then I decided to call, so I could hopefully get a call from MP1. Do you raise here? Normally I would, but I figured I wanted to hide my draw....

The turn was the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I would have much preferred a club.... Anyways, MP1 checked, MP2 bet, button folded, UTG called, and I decided to raise this time. MP1 folded, MP2 called and so did UTG. I don't think I have the best hand anymore.... I am praying for a club.....

The river comes A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]! Yikes

Checked around to me, so I value bet.... Thinking my hand is good again, the MP2 raised, and I thought he might have a set of 8's or 5's.... I threw in the 6 chips cause of the size of the pot....

Should I have layed down anywhere here?

Thanks,
Old 04-16-2004, 04:46 PM

Default Re: How do I lay down?

Obvious fold pre-flop. A strong player raises UTG? If you're UTG+1, unless you have a group 1 starting hand, you should be mucking. This is especially true at a CA table where a 3-bet behind you is not too unlikely. If you're really tempted to play this, you should raise. But I would never cold call here.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:33 PM

Default Re: How do I lay down?

He wasn't a stong player, he was a decent player.... he could have been raising pocket pairs 6-10, also KQ off. Given the position he was in, I though he had a better hand, but he did play great postflop!

You are probably right though.

Thanks!