Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2004, 02:24 AM

Default an expensive mistake on the turn?

B&M 15/30, very good game.

Thirty-two players limp. I raise on the button with KsQs. The blinds call. Everyone calls.

The flop is 356 with two spades. The big blind bets, all 32 limpers call, I raise, everyone calls.

The turn is the ten of spades, giving me the second nuts. Everyone checks to the very loose player on my immediate right, who bets. I raise. Everyone folds, including the original bettor.

Who out there flat calls in this spot?
Old 04-16-2004, 03:22 AM

Default Re: an expensive mistake on the turn?

"Thirty-two players limp"

I'm still laughing! LOL

"The flop is 356 with two spades. The big blind bets, all 32 limpers call, I raise, everyone calls."

You gotta love it!

"The turn is the ten of spades, giving me the second nuts. Everyone checks to the very loose player on my immediate right, who bets. I raise. Everyone folds, including the original bettor."

You gotta love it!

"Who out there flat calls in this spot?"

NEVER!

Old 04-16-2004, 04:11 AM

Dave, there's 71 BB in the pot when it's to you on the Turn. Play it fast. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2004, 05:27 AM

Depends on how likely you think people are to call behind you that are drawing dead. The more they call drawing dead, the more likely you are to call. Otherwise, you have to just make sure you get the most in there against two pair, a set (ok, yeah right), or the As.

Even though the bettor is unlikely to have you beat, it sounds like in this game, one pair or a naked 4 was definitely going to call on the turn. So call and let them.

The exception is if GM is in there, since you know he'll call 2 cold with any piece of that flop.

Have the games gotten better (sounds like it)?
Old 04-16-2004, 09:40 AM

I dunno, at your standard 35 seat hold'em table they're using 2 decks, so you don't really have second nuts, play this one fast and be happy to take it down on the turn.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:05 AM

Default The Mason n/m

Old 04-16-2004, 11:25 AM

Default Is there any other kind? n/m

Old 04-16-2004, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Is there any other kind? n/m

OK Jack
Old 04-16-2004, 12:06 PM

Really depends on how many 32 equals. If you have 2 players or more left to act I'd flat call, and maybe flat call the river.

There's really no reason to raise here, there's very little chance anyone has two pair or a set, so at best there's 1 person with 7 outs against you with the rest of the table totally dead, probably with some kind of horrible straight draw. Also, if you happen to be behind you save a few bucks, which isn't at all the main concern but is a nice bonus the rare times you're behind here.

The only time I'd consider raising in this spot is if the board was JTxx or there was a lot of action on the flop, indicating that more than the A of spades was drawing live and was going to be paying 2 cold or more to see the river.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:05 PM

I prefer a flat call here. Any people who are drawing live are not going to get out to a raise and most people who are drawing dead will. Flat call, keep the dead money in. And, hey, another fool who hit a smaller flush may be looking to check-raise.