Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2004, 12:15 PM

Default AK in MP....HELP!!!

It’s Still early in a WSOP Satellite and I have an above average stack of T3300 with blinds of 75/150 at PP. I am dealt AKo in MP. The player in UTG+1 has a larger stack of T4700 and raises to 600 preflop. I just flat call(is this a mistake??). The button(with T2500) also calls and both blinds fold. The flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. EP min. bets 150 and I raise to 900(I am putting EP on a decent Ace here). My only serious problem here is that the button cold calls. Now I have about T2400 left and figure that I want to be able to keep playing in the tournament if I am beat but I want the button, (if he is on a diamond draw) to still pay for it so I decide to bet small knowing that the button is already committed to calling to the river. The turn card is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. EP takes a little extra time to check his hand so I half consider that he may have AJ(I don’t let this consideration deter me from losing my whole stack by the way). I go ahead and bet 300 and the button calls and EP calls. The river card brings the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and this time EP checks, I check and the button bets 700 and all in. EP re-raises to 1400 which just about puts me all in. I decide to call because the only hands that I don’t beat are AJ, 99, or 77. It turns out EP had AJ and the button had 99. Should I have folded the river bet?? Did I misplay every street? Please help!!