Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2004, 07:28 PM

Default I\'m not so sure about this one.

$200NL
I've got most of the table covered except for one guy in EP.
I'm in the CO-1 with 67s in spades. Everyone limps to me so I limp too.
I think we lose the button so it's 9 way for 1 small bet to the flop of...

754, 2 spades

UTG Bets $10, 2 folds, next guy raises to $30 putting him all-in(this guy isn't very good, at the time, I put him on something like A6). To my suprise 2 more cold call $30 when its to me.
So there's like $110 in the pot and it's $30 to me with my open end straight flush draw + top pair (albeit small). I wanted to ram this flop, but I wasn't so sure about UTG and his holding, I thought he had either a set or an overpair.
Also the coldcallers concerned me. I might be up against a bigger flush draw in that case, I'm drawing to 2 flush outs.

So stunned at the unfolding of this hand, I called. UTG called. So it's now 4 way to the turn + 1 all in.

Turn is an offsuit Jack. UTG bets $12, both call, I call again.

River is another offsuit Jack. UTG bets $22, They fold and it's on me and I know I'm beat here and I also am sure he didn't have a set that just filled up, I was pretty sure he had an overpair now to the flop. My first instinct was to push and move him off this pot, but I have this all-in player as well who could have me beat.

What do you do?
And please berate for my play up til the river as well.

EDIT: UTG on the river probably had like $100 more behind, thought this would be useful.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:57 PM

Default Re: I\'m not so sure about this one.

If I put myself in the other guy's shoes, I have trouble laying down anything I had been betting from the flop. I would fold.