Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2004, 07:09 PM

Default AKs in BB - bet this turn?

Party 2/4, currently 7-handed. UTG just sat down 2 hands ago, posted in EP, called my raise with 22, and then called me down heads up on a AA2 board. Call him passive. SB is a bit too loose, not unlike most of the players. No read on the others. I've been losing horrifically recently and think I've gotten a bit weak as a result.

UTG limps, EP1 limps, EP2 limps, SB completes. I raise A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] from the BB, all call. 5 players, ~10 SB.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, everyone but EP2 calls. 4 players, ~7 BB.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, I check, UTG bets, EP1 calls, SB check-raises, I fold.

Anyone try to check-raise the flop? Bet the turn and fold to the raise? I usually bet the flop in cases like this and often check-raise the turn, which is what I would have done if my opponents had been more aggressive and the turn had been a blank. In this case I would have just bet the turn if I'd liked the card more. Folding to the c/r seems obvious.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:14 PM

Default Re: AKs in BB - bet this turn?

The Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is probably the worst card in the deck for you, I think you made the right play checking the turn.

I often check/raise on the flop.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:54 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: AKs in BB - bet this turn?

you shouldn't check-raise the flop with this board.

on the turn, you should bet. if you get raised, you can safely lay the hand down, as you have 2 outs