Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2004, 12:23 AM

Default J4 offsuit, did I play this right.

Last week I was sitting in a 10-20 game at the Borgota when a very nice hand arised, I'm in the BB with J4o.

UTG limps but he's sloppy, he flashed me one of his cards a 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He was busy eating his salad, and he couldn't take a break off from the time game, because dammit he'd lose his seat, and also, he wouldn't get to play!

He limps in. Followed by 1 other limper and the SB, I let it go.

The flop is A J 9.

I check, but UTG bets out. I immediately put him on A7s, folded around to me, and I couldn't let my hand go, because I know exactly what his cards are. The turn card came off a King.

He's muching on his salad, I check and he bets, I check raise. He pouts makes like he's ready to fold but decides against his own instincts and calls but I can tell he doesn't like the call he just made. He's a young kid, he's striving to play well and hell why not give 10-20 a try. Plus he's eating a salad, who wants to bother him.

I don't like his call but I can tell that he's not calling the river unless he improves, but I don't care what is coming on the river I have to bet it and I have to bet it like I got it unless of course an Ace comes or a 7.

The river is the best Card in the deck for me to give me the most leverage for my previous play on this hand its a Queen. I toss four chips. He nods his head mucks his hand and he says to me, "Nice hand."

I said, "Thank you."

He went to muck his hand but both cards flipped up. A7s. I told you he was sloppy.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Thinking about it now, I guess I'm lucky. I'm lucky he wasn't a stubborn player to call the river.

Now that I think about it, If the first card I saw had not been the 7 but the Ace instead and he limped in. I think I would have check folded this flop. Is this flawed thinking?