Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2004, 01:57 AM

Default Lay down QQ here?

Party 15-30, I'm in CO with QhQd.

MP raises, I 3 bet, SB 4 bets, call, call.
3 to flop for 13 small bets.

Flop 9c 5h 3d rainbow, SB bets, MP calls, I call.
3 to turn for 8 bets.

Turn 3s. Bet, call, I call.
3 to river for 11 bets.

River 3h. Bet, call, call.

As to the players, MP was new, but my notes on the small blind denote weak tight. She will 3 bet preflop then check the flop if she doesn't hit.

With this background, I put her 4 bet as AA or KK. Less likely would be AK, JJ, TT. However, with a 9 high, uncoordinated board all the way, would you lay down
QQ in this situation.

Also can someone tell me how to create the colored card denominations, such as hearts, etc.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:03 AM

Default Results

She had AA.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Lay down QQ here?

[ QUOTE ]
Also can someone tell me how to create the colored card denominations, such as hearts, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are using a hand history to create your post then I recommend Bisonbison's HH converter: HH converter

If you want to do it by hand then just click the little icons at the bottom of the page ... [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2004, 02:43 AM

No way I lay down QQ here. It's fairly obvious that no one has the 3 and the only hands that beat you are AA and KK. With a decent amount of money in the middle, you have to call here as you will win most of the time in my opinion.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:10 AM

I don't think anyone can help you here, it's pretty much a player based read. Either this player might 4-bet preflop with less than KK or she won't, in which cases you appropriately call it down (betting if checked to) or fold after missing the turn.

IME, lots of weak tight players won't 4-bet preflop with less than KK though, so I would let QQ go on the turn against those players (you had sufficient implied odds to see the turn in hopes of spiking a Q). Anyway, I'd say it's a safe bet she doesn't have AK once she bets the turn, unless we have a different understanding of what it means to be weak tight.
Old 04-07-2004, 04:08 AM

I raise the flop, if she comes back over the top of me, I muck.
Old 04-07-2004, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Results

Call down, this play is clearly put in HPFAP, however if you know this girl is tight then you can try the raise the flop/fold. Here you are raising to find out if you are losing, becuase you figure to be losing most the time. However calling down with QQ is clearly explained in the book because JJ TT AK and AQ might continue bluffing but will muck if you put them to the test most the time.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:23 AM

Raise the flop, fold to a reraise is a bad plan here. You'll be getting 19:1 to call the reraise (21:1 when the other player calls ahead of you) and will almost certainly win 6SB more if you spike a Q on the turn.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:34 AM

It seems very unlikely to me that one of the players would have a three. First I would raise the flop here. If they come back at you then maybe you should trust your read and lay it down. It makes the situation a little more complex with the MP in there also with a PF raise and just calling the whole time. You could call and the SB overbet their AK and MP has 1010 or JJ.

Just click on the symbols above the message and it will be inserted where the cursor is.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:21 AM

raise the flop and the turn...thats what i would do!