Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2004, 12:44 AM

Default Ratio of money wagered vs. money won

I've been playing limit holdem (1/2 and some 2/4) online for ~ 3 months now and I've been fortunate to be positive cash so far. One thing that concerns me is my ratio of money wagered to money won. When I saw I'd wagered over $15000 but I'm only up $1100 I figured I was playing way too loose and started paying closer attention to the hands I was playing but I was wondering what some other people's ratios are.

-Geng
Old 04-02-2004, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Ratio of money wagered vs. money won

How did you figure out how much you had wagered?

Besides wagering 15000 and winning 1100 doesn't seem that bad to me. It certainly beats the type of winrate you would expect playing something like advantage Blackjack where a 1-2% edge is huge.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:00 AM

I play on pacific and you get a bonus point for every 10$ wagered. When I looked I had ~1500 bonus points so I multiplied by 10 to get my total $'s wagered.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:05 AM

Well using some guestimation techniques and pulling some random info from pokertracker ...

Over the past blahblahblah hours I have payed $4667 in rake which is normally about 3.61% of the pot so if I'm not crazy that means I have probably wagered about $129,279 and have won $8641 for a ratio of about 15:1 which is about the same ratio you had so I wouldn't be too concerned.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:32 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

that's only 3.61% of the pots you win though...you have to factor it against your overall win%