Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2004, 01:19 PM

Default Palms Poker Room (Las Vegas)

OK -

Planning a trip to Las Vegas and need some info on the new and improved Palms Poker Room. Last time I was there I only played in the *old* one and was not too impressed. I've always stayed and played at the Bellagio but gravitate to the Palms for the nightlife and to some of their restaurants. I have never stayed there and might look into seeing if they have a poker rate. Any feedback about the rooms and the new *high limit* poker room would greatly be appreciated. Also if anyone knows the poker rate before I call them up

Thanks,

NJC
Old 04-01-2004, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Palms Poker Room (Las Vegas)

Some comments:

1) my impression of the "new" room, though I haven't been there, is that it's only a few more tables and a little extra room - still not going to be a "big" room compared to Mirage/Bellagio/Orleans. 10 tables total?

2) Before my trip in March, I called all the hotels to get the poker rates -- the Palms said the hotel is so small and usually sells out at full price that they never (extremely rarely?) offer a poker room rate.

Hope that helps,

MP
Old 04-01-2004, 04:45 PM

I figured as much. Maybe they will have rooms avail since I am going in the end of July which is not exactly the peak season in LV. Thanks for the heads up.

NJC
Old 04-02-2004, 08:49 PM

Palms Poker room - I was just there last weekend (see my was it rude post)

Didn't see the old room, but the new one is not that large, the high limit room is next door, looks basically the same with fewer tables. My buddy played some no-limit in that room for awhile.

Overall, it didn't wow me at all, and like I said in my other post, I was there saturday afternoon and I felt like
I was in a home game. Everyone knew everyone else. except me....
my 2 cents