Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2004, 07:34 PM

Default How to NOT show your hometown on PARTY

Hey guys I have seen one or two players that have changed
their city information under
their screenames to something other than a hometown.

I used to fairly good a going into INI files at least on trading software and making some helpful changes.

A few questions.I do not like other players knowing where I am from even IF I do change my screenames-which I am about ready to do since I try and do it on Party/skins every 3 or so months.

-Does Party allow us to change this hometown information??Can we change it to something else? Or at least something less specifc say a region of a state rather tahn a specifc city.

-I looked into Party's software specifically the ini file and I dont see any info listed.It all seems to be encrypted somehow.I dont know I'm not an expert on any of these issues.

Is there a way to change this location information ????

Old 03-25-2004, 08:26 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: How to NOT show your hometown on PARTY

it's going to be stored server-side. creating multiple accounts is something that could cause your accounts (and your funds) to get frozen.
Old 03-26-2004, 05:18 AM

goodguy -

The other day there was a guy playing that had his hometown listed as "unavailable". When someone at the table asked him about it, he said he was playing on Coral and they do not require you to show your hometown.

If what he said is true, then the people you saw were probably playing thru the Coral skin.

SF

Old 03-26-2004, 05:20 PM

That was once definetly TRUE.I know because I have had a Coral/Eurobet account for 7 months.Before Party/Party skins forced us to have our locale public at Eurobet even when you tried to check off "show city" there was a blank area under your screen-name.Since the policy change I know my Eurobet screename now shows my hometown regretably.

I could be wrong I just tried to test it but I cashed out from Eurobet 3 weeks or so ago and I have attempted to replicate the issue with play money tables.The play money tables dont seem to show anyone's locations on Party or any Party skin so I'm not going to go thru the hassle of redepositing to test live play. But I recall that weeks ago indeed even at Eurobet player locations were public.

I also have also seen other players w/"undisclosed" as their locations so I may be missing something??
Old 03-26-2004, 05:42 PM

Simply type anything you like for your hometown in your address.
Old 03-26-2004, 05:54 PM

I entered in my regular hometown when I signed up for Party and my hometown is listed as, "Not Available." I have no clue how that happened or how to change it, but I kind of like it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2004, 05:55 PM

i never understood why people would care or not.. so now everyone knows your from Hicksville.. who cares?!
Old 03-26-2004, 06:14 PM

WRONG You can not just change your location to "undisclosed".

I just called customer service and got to the bottom of this.
The new policy is quite clear all screen-names show
current location of the account holder.This can not be changed either to "undisclosed" or any type of renaming of your locale or region.

The reason we occasionally see a player with "undisclosed" as their location according to this Party cs rep is that these players joined Party during the last upgrade process when this new policy took place.After the next upgrade these new accounts also will have locations visible.

I have no problem IF everyone is forced to uphold the same poilicy.I had noticed these few outliers and was hoping to find a loophole.

In general I think this is good for the integrity of the game-whatver keeps the fish happy is must important-this does make the game less intimidating to newbies.

Old 03-26-2004, 06:46 PM

Default Re: why do you care?

?
Old 03-26-2004, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i never understood why people would care or not.. so now everyone knows your from Hicksville.. who cares?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not from Hicksville. I am from Hixburg. You gotta watch out those sneaky experts who can take advantage of these subtle geographical tells. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]