Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2004, 03:21 AM

Default Open Ended Straight Flush Draw

I know on the flop I am going to be betting this and capping it. But if neither draw completes on the turn, in what situations should you bet and cap again (and why)?

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:12 AM

Default Re: Open Ended Straight Flush Draw

Y do you know that ur going to cap this. Or is it that your going to try and cap it. If I have such a good draw and get that much action, I would slowing down a bit on the turn. If I do hit the nut on the turn, then I'll go on with betting and raising. But if the flops been cap, I would slowdown on the turn.

The fact that you have lots of outs don't make caping correct. It all depends on # of players, possition, table limit, and quality of the players.

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2004, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Open Ended Straight Flush Draw

This does depend a lot on the situation. Do you have overcards with your draw? How many players do you expect to call a 3-bet or cap? Is there any chance you can win the pot immediately if you bet? Are you drawing to the nuts? Should you be raising to build a pot, or should you be raising to eliminate some players?

Depending on the answer to some of these questions, you will want to adjust your play accordingly.