Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2004, 02:32 AM

Default finished 10th

Just finished 10th in a Stars satellite tourney. 1512 entries. I feel like I suck, because the top 9 got entries into a big tourney. Is this right? Should I be happy I beat out 1502 other folks? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2004, 06:51 AM

Default Re: finished 10th

No, you shouldn't be happy unless you win! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2004, 08:04 AM

you finished well in the top 1% of players. This is fantastic [i've only managed top 6%!]. If you were playing any cash structure tournament, you'd have won at least 15x your original stake.

If you can beat players that consistently, i'd like to know where you play. So i can avoid you.

Bad luck on not making the seat, but for goodness sake, you must be a good player to go that far!

As Al says, "it's all one long game". if your long game puts you in the 99th percentile, you're pretty darn good.

Better luck next time!

All the best,
Peter Harris
Old 03-22-2004, 09:53 AM

Not sure which satellite you were competing in but I've pretty much given up on these. If I can, I make it a point to play the $215 NLHE Sunday tourney. At first I tried to win my way in with the satellites.

But imo, it's just too much time and effort at real long odds to beat 1000+ players. Now I just concentrate on S&G's and NL ring games to earn enough to pay my way into the event.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:18 PM

Thanks folks. I was kind of whining and appreciate the support. I think the middle road is the one to take here. Don't want to get complacent about just finishing high (per asdf's response) but don't wan't to beat myself up too badly for not winning. Tricky line to walk.