Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2004, 12:38 AM

Default cashouts with firepay?

Has anyone here used firepay for cashouts? I was thinking I would have them linked to my bank account.

Second question: How much money can I take at a time and how frequently can I do it? Right now I have about $1500 in my paradise account and would like to cash out about a grand. Would it be safer to make 2 withdraws of say, $500? Or does the IRS even care about this small a transaction.

How often do you guys cash out in general. Note this is just a small side job for some extra cash. By no means am I a pro.
Old 03-18-2004, 01:13 AM

Default Re: cashouts with firepay?

i use firepay. they are good. been using them for awhile

i dont know anything about the irs
Old 03-18-2004, 02:57 AM

Firepay is great at depositing money quick to your bank account. They do charge $5 for an EFT, which is not bad since you dont have to wait for a check or go to the bank to make a deposit.

I love my Firepay Account!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2004, 03:25 AM

neteller is better. When I first started at online poker I picked Firepay since I did not want to wait 2 days too set up a neteller account.

Now I have $130 in Firepay and am too cheap too pay the $5 too get it out!
Old 03-18-2004, 10:34 AM

anyone know what is the if the IRS would get me for taking out $1000? $2000? What's the limit. I have heard $3K discussed, but is that for a single trasaction, or a years worth? Thanks for the replies.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:50 AM

Stop trying to evade taxes. GWB, get over here and put the smackdown on this guy.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:00 AM

I haven't done a Firepay cashout, because when I withdraw to my Firepay account, I deposit the money at Party and then withdraw using IGM-Pay.

As far as the IRS, no one really knows what could get you caught, but you have to assume the chance exists. Since "a guy on 2+2 said I could" won't impress anyone if you get caught, you should decide how much risk you can accept on your own.

Martin
Old 03-18-2004, 11:07 AM

This sounds like a question for a tax preparer, rather than a random novice poker player. I don't think the true pro players on here are going to hang their cheese out in the wind by answering this question. Make an anonymous phone call to H&R Block, see what they have to say. Get a few second opinions. Then post your finding on here, I'm sure most of us are curious.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Second question: How much money can I take at a time and how frequently can I do it? Right now I have about $1500 in my paradise account and would like to cash out about a grand. Would it be safer to make 2 withdraws of say, $500? Or does the IRS even care about this small a transaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you trying to evade the IRS, you scumbag? Pay your taxes like the rest of society.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:24 PM

i can't tell you how the current state of affairs is at firepay. however, i felt the need to add to this thread so some other opinions can be heard.

i had absolute nightmares with firepay, including vanishing withdrawals for 3K-7K each that took 7 weeks of case work to sort out and be credited to my bank account. i have posted many a rant at rgp of this tale and do not wish to repeat it.

i think the old days represented a bad business model at best, and corporate theft at worst.

if those using it now say it is fixed, then i tend to beleive them, things were not always so simple tho.