Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2004, 06:12 AM

Default Borgata on a weekend

After reading on here how soft the games were at the Borgata, and after being screwed by the Taj Security on my last trip, I decided to check the play in the Marina District. I showed up around 11 at night, put my name on the 3-6 list and the 2-4 list and was told the wait was 1 hour and 2 hours respectively. Just over 3 hours later I was finally called for my 3-6 seat. The staff was overworked and about 30 percent of the seats were filled by people walking in and sitting down rather than using the list.
Question for the regulars, Is it always like that on the weekends?

However, after I got my seat, I have no more complaints. The play was so bad, it was laughable. One woman raised me every time I raised because she said she didn’t like me (why, I don’t know). After she lost her $300, most of it to me, she left. Of the 10 players at the table, maybe 2 knew what they were doing. After 7 am, the three biggest fish still remaining at the table busted out and I left with a cool 100 BB win [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

I can’t wait to go fishing again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2004, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Borgata on a weekend

The lists were long, but my friend and I called down from the room and went on the list. We then drank a bout 5 shots of JD, smoked a bowl and went down to play drunken 3-6. Had a great time and lost $90 ....... good times at the Borgata.

Saturday I sat down at 10-20 which was slightly looser than the 3-6 the night before. I got rivered 3 times in 15 minutes and was down 300 (one loss to A-4 who caught runner runner 5-2 to make a wheeel and beat my 2 pair, one against 7-2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] who made trips on the turn to beat my TPTK)......good times at the Borgata.

We then moved over to the NL game which from what I heard was the hardest game to get into as they only had one games going and only 3 people left in the first 4 hours the game was going........ 15 minutes in I have QQ flop top set and have someone bet all in $55 (into $60 pot), I call , guy behind me calls, turn is the third club I put the other guy all (another $40 or so) in he calls of course as he turned the flush with A-7, great another $150. Good times at the Borgata...

Few hands later I open raise the button to $17 with A-Q and get 2 callersflop 8-9-Q, BB checks, UTG bets into me $20 I call BB calls. Turn is an Ace, BB checks Utg bets 25, I make it 100, BB folds UTG thinks, thinks calls. River a 9, I lose to 8-9, Great another $200....good times at the Borgata.

So down to my last $300, All fold to the CO who limps, I have A-9 and make it $10 to go, BB calls, CO calls....

Flop A-9-9 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I bet $15, BB raises to $35, CO folds I make it $80 (no idea why I did that, but I knew he was coming along)
Turn is a 10, I check he checks behind
The river solves his percieved kicker problems, the Case 9!!
I go all in, and he beats me into the pot with his A-J.

So Im sitting there with $550 which I manage to work up to $750 or so before its time to go. Down $150 for the weekend, but when Down to the last few bills, leaving down $150 doesnt seem so bad.

F the Borgata, Ill try again next time
Old 03-15-2004, 10:36 AM

Jon,

I missed you again. I played Saturday night in the high limit area in the back. I met up with Scrub and we ate some "dinner" around 3 am.

I watched the no limit in the middle of the game go. The game did not appear to "tough".

Next time invite me back to your room [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2004, 11:25 AM

Looks like I missed some fun times at the Borgata this weekend! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I got caught up weekend support for some software dev project...bs hax!!! Next weekend I'm on call, but I wrote a program that watches the system for me and sends me a text message if something crashes...sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Might see you all down there this weekend! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hey Mike, I read that AK vs AQ called river hand...who was the kid? Glasses, young kid (early 20s) by any chance?
Old 03-15-2004, 11:46 AM

Glasses, young kid (early 20s) by any chance?

Nope, older asian man.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:51 AM

Was a good call! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

How was the weekend? Pretty good games? You usually sit 6/12 or were you waiting for a 10/20 to open up?

BTW, love those 3AM burgers (my usual "dinner")...Mmmmmmmm mmmmmmm good! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2004, 02:00 PM

I had a 3am cheesesteak in the poker room Friday night, the meat was good but I think the bread was going on 22 hours old. MG, next time I have a room and I smoke Ill surely invite you [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]