Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2004, 12:17 PM

Default Enough bets with full house?

80-160. Nearly 100% of the pots raised preflop, action ranges from 2-4 players for 2-3 bets. One soft spot and a couple of mediocre spots to go along with 3 tough spots.

Seemingly tight aggressive limps UTG, folded to the soft spot who limps on the button. I complete the SB with 7h9h and the BB checks. One of only two hands in about 4 hours that wasn't raised preflop.

Flop: As9d9s. I bet, BB folds, UTG calls, button folds.

Turn: 7h. I bet, UTG raises, I 3-bet, UTG calls.

River: Qd. I bet, UTG raises, I pause, ponder and call.

Thoughts?
Old 03-14-2004, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Enough bets with full house?

Hi Clark,

I've never played 80-160.

You said UTG is 'seemingly tight'.

For UTG hands, you're behind to AA and QQ, and he probably wouldn't have tried to limp/RR with QQ, right?

So how many hands besides AA would he limp with UTG? would he do it with AQ (suited perhaps?).

I think I'd reraise the river and groan-call if he 4bet me.

-Scott
Old 03-14-2004, 01:18 PM

Hi Clark,

My first thought was "oh no, he limped under the gun with aces" which would make sense in an aggressive game. But then again, he did not 4-bet the turn. I think I'd three-bet the river, expecting to be shown AQ.

Of course, if he's skilled enought to know that you have a nine and would not put him on aces if he does not 4-bet the turn, you might be getting yourself into a world of hurt here. And I'm not sure what he would raise the river with after you three-bet the turn. Would this player make this move with AQ or a lone nine?

-Diplomat
Old 03-14-2004, 01:32 PM

What does this guy think of you? A little overaggresive?

I find it hard to put him on a hand that beats you. Given the aggressiveness of the table would he limp with A9s or Q9s? Would he have gone for a limp/reraise with AA or QQ here? And if he did have AA, wouldn't he have likely 4-bet the turn or was he giving you just a bit more rope to extract a few more bets on the river. On the other hand it's hard to think of a hand that you beat that he would play that way either, perhaps 77 or an overplayed T9s or AQ.

Maybe, maybe not, I'd have a hard time not putting in 1 more raise here, but then again, I wasn't at the table.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:00 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

Is this Dynasty limping UTG missing a limp reraise with AA?

Would this player put you on trips given how you bet your hand on the flop and turn or just an A?

I think i'd 3 bet the river and call a raise unless i knew the player better. Otherwise QQ and AA i dont see being played. Unless he'd limp here with A9s...But wouldnt he cap the turn with that?

b
Old 03-14-2004, 03:04 PM

You should have pondered sooner.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:04 PM

I think it would be reasonable for UTG to limp in with pocket 7's here also. I think he might have just called the flop after putting you on a flush draw betting out of the small blind, hoping that if you don't hit the flush you will check on the turn and he could steal it or take a free card. After he hits his miracle card on the turn(or so he thinks), and he decides to get his chips in the middle with 7's full. Of course the chances of him having 77 is small considering that you have 1 in your hand.

If he did limp in with AA or QQ, I think on the turn he would call the 3 bet knowing that you would bet into him on the river which he could raise and hopefully get more money out of you.

Those are my thoughts, although they are probably completely off the mark.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:19 PM

hi clark
you should raise clark. what does he have? Q9? when your read is on something like that, you've got to 3 bet. you'll be wrong often enough to make a 3 bet right. you have this one clark. 3 bet it.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:45 PM

Default Okay, okay

Pre-river pondering suggestions:

"Seemingly tight aggressive limps UTG"
Scary. Hmmm. If he has AA he'll be sorry he didn't raise when I snap him off with this 7h9h. What will I do if I flop top pair and he raises me on the turn? I'll worry about that later. Consider the pot odds etc. But, what's the probability he has Aces? I'll just try to flop a flush. No, a straight, he might have the Ah.

"Flop: As9d9s. I bet, BB folds, UTG calls, button folds."
Scary. What would he only call with on this flop with that preflop action? Wouldn't he bet a flush draw, an A? What hands would he limp with under the gun that have a 9? Maybe I'm just paranoid. He might limped with something besides pocket Aces.

"Turn: 7h. I bet, UTG raises"
Damn, I knew it. Do I have to pay him off? Is it possible he has some quirky hand that he can now perfectly represent as pocket Aces? How much is in that pot? Well there's one 9 left... Man, I got a full house! Damn!

Old 03-14-2004, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Okay, okay

[ QUOTE ]
Pre-river pondering suggestions:

"Seemingly tight aggressive limps UTG"
Scary. Hmmm. If he has AA he'll be sorry he didn't raise when I snap him off with this 7h9h. What will I do if I flop top pair and he raises me on the turn? I'll worry about that later. Consider the pot odds etc. But, what's the probability he has Aces? I'll just try to flop a flush. No, a straight, he might have the Ah.

"Flop: As9d9s. I bet, BB folds, UTG calls, button folds."
Scary. What would he only call with on this flop with that preflop action? Wouldn't he bet a flush draw, an A? What hands would he limp with under the gun that have a 9? Maybe I'm just paranoid. He might limped with something besides pocket Aces.

"Turn: 7h. I bet, UTG raises"
Damn, I knew it. Do I have to pay him off? Is it possible he has some quirky hand that he can now perfectly represent as pocket Aces? How much is in that pot? Well there's one 9 left... Man, I got a full house! Damn!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are too fast to put him on that hand. AK and AQ would definitely play the flop that way as well as the turn.