Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2004, 12:55 AM

Default Poker Tracker note export feature is amazing.

I just downloaded the patch tonight that added this feature and already it's paid huge dividends. I didn't realize how many people I play with are semi-regulars. I have hundreds of hands for so many people I don't remember.

One hand that stands out, I have JJ in middle position, UTG raises,(this person has 200 hands in my db, 20% VP$IP, 1% RPF). Enough people limp that I can call. No jack on the flop and I save $15 or so when she flips over QQ, (disregarding the J that hit on the river, of course [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

There was a guy raising 15% preflop with 400 hands in my db that I 3 bet with AJ, AQ, and 99 and bullied around most of the night, whereas I would've folded the first two hands to an unknown raiser (which he was to me at this point).

There seemed to always be one exceptionally tight or loose raiser at each of my tables that I was able to adjust to a lot more than usual.

If you play regularly and haven't purchased Poker Tracker, it's only $55. Go download it today.

Somewhat OT and unrelated to PT, but something I felt like posting anyway... I started playing NL SNGs recently to take a break from the low limit grind for a while and played around 130 $30 tournaments in the past 3 or 4 days. My results are somewhat disappointing (105% ROI), but I've been truly having fun playing poker for the first time in a while and I feel refreshed because of it.

I rarely play NL multis, and never NL ring games, so it's quite an adjustment. I feel like I still outclass most of the players in these (mostly because of the poor quality of my opponents), but I don't have a completely well thought out plan in my mind like I do for limit, and am second guessing myself a lot.

When I sat down in 3/6 again for the first time in a few days I realized just how confident I was. There isn't a scenario that I feel lost. I felt fully in control and wasn't nearly as upset by bad results, no matter how cold the cards got. I booked a mediocre session the other day and a solid one tonight, but even when I was only up around $30 after 2 hours of multi table play, I knew it was the best I've played in years. My attitude has improved a lot as well,(something I've had to struggle with online).

If anyone has never played in the SNGs on party, $30+$3 is easily beatable even for people with little NL experience, or at least break even, so it's at least a form of entertainment that doesn't cost anything. And it should make whatever game you play on a regular basis more enjoyable or interesting.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:26 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Poker Tracker note export feature is amazing.

i started playing nl sngs (pokerstars) on friday:

10 3rd $18
50 3rd $90
20 1st $90
50 7th (dumb mistake)
50 1st $225
30 2nd $81
20 5th
30 8th
5 8th
30 5th (dumb mistake)
20 1st $90
100 1st $450

in preparation for the stars 200+15 multi tomorrow i played the gruelling party 30+3 multi tonight. after losing AA vs 99, TT vs JJ (overpair whole way), AJ vs A2, and AT vs 45 i was sent packing, but still well into the money out of 1050 entrants. the top-heavy nature and low buyin of the event makes less than like 6th place laughable, but the experience was invaluable. that being said, i doubt i'll play any small multis again because of the time expense. i just hope to hone my skills in sngs, even if the full game part of it is much shorter. perhaps the 2-table sngs on stars would work.

in addition to being extremely fun, i've noticed it's enabled me to trust my reads better in limit games. still feels a little twilight zone to hop from 1 $30 sng to 6 tables of 15/30 though, it takes a few minutes to figure out where i am and what i'm doing. but generally i think most 2+2ers could learn a lot about reading and domination for virtually no loss by playing whatever limit sng that they like. i feel pretty dumb for not doing it sooner, and i'd much rather play sngs on lunch at work than scramble to open/close tables of 15.

anyway i agree about PT's export feature, anybody who doesn't own it is nuts. i'm SNORT on stars incase anyone wants to boo me for kicking rustyjedi from the 2+2 irc channel in tomorrow's stars event.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:59 AM

The SNGs on Stars seem to be a good learning experience for people interested in playing in larger tournaments, given that you start with more chips, there are two tables instead of one, and the caliber of players are somewhat rational in what they do (all according to what I've read here).

The large multis on party are a joke if you're in it for the $. the first 10 hands seem to take 15 minutes, the site occasionally goes down for hours at a time, and even if you're a god in these things, making double your buy-in on average isn't accomplishing a whole lot if it takes 5 hours to do it.

My plan has been to watch for the freerolls between empire, party, and intertops. I look at them as free time to relax and play on my laptop, one table only. I hate feeling like I threw away free money when I don't play. BTW, Empire has a 50k guaranteed tournament that usually offers a 20k overlay to the players, around $100 per person on average, so it's a good way to practice and not play for minimum wage while doing it. Intertops has some kind of freeroll (not sure how you qualify or when they run) but I finished 2nd and 1st in the only 2 I've played, both over 100 entrants [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I don't really pay attention enough to get good reads in SNGs :/ but I feel like I trust my instincts more in limit afterwards, possibly because I realize how much I understand my opponents there compared to NL. I also value bet the [censored] out of my opponents after playing NL, and have been able to push people around more, based on the realization that the worst that can happen is I lose 2 big bets for any given dumb action and will still be at the table ready for the next hand. I really feel like the variety of stupid things I've done in NL to knock myself out of tournaments are making me a better player now.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:48 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

The SNGs on Stars seem to be a good learning experience for people interested in playing in larger tournaments, given that you start with more chips, there are two tables instead of one, and the caliber of players are somewhat rational in what they do (all according to what I've read here).

they have 1table and 2table sngs (as well as other odd variants). as for the competition, it seems to be random but decent at all levels. in a $50+$5 for example, 4 people limp to me in the bb and i go all-in. guy who has just less than me in chips calls on the button w/96s.

The large multis on party are a joke if you're in it for the $. the first 10 hands seem to take 15 minutes, the site occasionally goes down for hours at a time, and even if you're a god in these things, making double your buy-in on average isn't accomplishing a whole lot if it takes 5 hours to do it.

yeah i agree. i just did the 30 to get long hour and full table nl tourney experience. i still think the 200+15 250k+ guaranteed type ones should be worth it.

Old 03-14-2004, 05:51 AM

" I didn't realize how many people I play with are semi-regulars."

that's what happened to me as well...
checked out a couple of tables after the export and found a lot of people who i had 60+ hands against a couple of months ago (i got p-tracker in january). never would have remembered them of course.

i have not had time to hit the tables since i implemented the note-export feature....but i bet the extra info on some of the players will increase my win-rate by .25BB/hr to .5BBhr per table. since i still have a lot of improvement to my game to do it will be difficult to tell if an increased win-rate is a direct result of the note-export feature....but i truly believe it could be THAT valuable.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:38 AM

Can someone give me a quick rundown of how this works?
I downloaded the patch and the help files.
I don't notice anything new on pokertracker and I can't find the help files. Thanks
Old 03-14-2004, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone give me a quick rundown of how this works?
I downloaded the patch and the help files.
I don't notice anything new on pokertracker and I can't find the help files. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

It's under Utilities where it's always been.

"Import/Export Player Notes"

You just follow along.

He added an "advanced" option at the bottom that is similiar to Illum's external notes exporter.

Personally, I don't like the format it's got too much white space. Illum's was more compact and I've gotten used to it the last month or so.

However, I'm also sure PT_Pat has many more mods to come =)

In addition PT's has some more information, and seems to do a good job combining with your own notes too.

The real problem is probably Party's crapy Notes-icon/-window
Old 03-14-2004, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I don't like the format it's got too much white space. Illum's was more compact and I've gotten used to it the last month or so.
[...]
The real problem is probably Party's crapy Notes-icon/-window

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I condensed my format to {{H: 333 V: 100 P: 100 B: 100 C: 100}} just so I could see the whole note with only a mouse-over. (that's Hands, VP$IP, PFR, BB/100, and check-raising %).
Old 03-14-2004, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

One hand that stands out, I have JJ in middle position, UTG raises,(this person has 200 hands in my db, 20% VP$IP, 1% RPF). Enough people limp that I can call.

[/ QUOTE ]

3-bet pre-flop.
Old 03-14-2004, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

One hand that stands out, I have JJ in middle position, UTG raises,(this person has 200 hands in my db, 20% VP$IP, 1% RPF). Enough people limp that I can call.

[/ QUOTE ]

3-bet pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This person is tight overall and only raises a small fraction of hands: queens, kings, or aces.

JJ might as well be 22 here, and 3 betting isn't going to change anything.