Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2004, 12:34 PM

Default Losing $ in the BB

Just a general question here. I have about 1400 hand logged in PT (I know, small sample). So far I'm down 40BB in the Big Blind. This can not be coincidence. This has got to be a leak in my game. Most of my biggest $ losers are good starting hands. KK, QQ, etc. Do I just need to wait this out and see if it is still a problem when I get closer to the 10k hands mark? If anyone has any insight it'd be much appreciated.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Losing $ in the BB

Umm... you will be negative in the blinds. I'm quite confident that is the way it should be.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:42 PM

Everybody loses money in the BB (and probably in the SB too), as you should when you put in 1 bet preflop everytime without looking at your cards.

Good starting hands will end up winners after the short run has sorted itself out.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:43 PM

What, you actually expect to be a winner out of the big blind ?
Old 03-12-2004, 12:44 PM

Everyone loses money from the blinds. You are forced to play bad hands from bad position...it's normal. Trick is just to try and minimize the losses.

As for your big hands, you don't have a big enough sample size to draw any conclusions. Your big pairs when played correctly will be your biggest winners by far in the long run.

TheRake
Old 03-12-2004, 12:44 PM

Hey Judge:

A couple of points here.

1. Just like you said, your sample size is way to small to draw any drastic conclusions. Having a small bad streak with your great hands out of the BB can dramatically skew the numbers.

2. You may not be doing as poorly out of the BB as you think. If you played 1400, I will assume you were the BB about 160 times. If you are down 40BB, that averages out to about .25BB per hand, which is the exact amount you are posting in the bb. So essentially, you are break even out of the blinds at this point. I am sure you numbers will improve, but I think it is unrealistic to think you will ever have a posetive expectaion out of the bb. (after about 30k hands at 2/4, I think i lose around .17 bb/hand in the big blind.)

--Rico
Old 03-12-2004, 12:46 PM

I did say I was a noob right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for laying to rest the fears that I was playing poorly from the BB. I'll look for the KK and QQ hands to start paying from there as well in the near future.