Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2004, 01:07 PM

Default Burn card question?

Our home game is improving, and recently we are having good luck adding new players, but it is still very low stakes, friendly, and irregularly scheduled.

Sometimes a newbie will accidently put the "burn card" on the board. How does everyone else handle this?

The two views in our game are:
1) It doesn't matter as this card is the burn card, just burn it (even though it was exposed and dealt) and use the next/proper card.

2) That card was put in play, use it and move on.

Option 2 carries some extra weight because we have done it this way in this past, partly from the days when not everyone would burn cards (they've all come around now).

Example from this week-end: I held 67 and flop came 667 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Turn was a Q. Me and another player went about 6 bets. Without burning a card, a blank was dealt to the river. He quickly realized he didn't burn a card and dealt the next card, a Q, Making the board 667QQ. I objected and noted that earlier in the night we had let "burn card" play in this situation. Table discussed it and agreed with me, based on the precedent set earlier, the blank should play. Turns out he held KK, so the river card didn't matter, but it could have been ugly.