Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2004, 03:27 AM

Default Can I get away?

$5+.50 multi at UB. 730 players, down to 112, blinds 100\200. The UTG in this situation has been playing rather loose, his stack has gone up and down more than a Yo Yo, he now has appx T11000, I have T7000

I'm UTG +1 with AQo, UTG limps in, I make a pot sized raise and everyone folds to the UTG, who calls.

Flop is 7AA

UTG bets 200
I re-raise the pot (2800), UTG Calls.
Turn is a rainbow 3.
UTG Puts me all in.
I ponder for the time limit, and call. Results to follow.

Old 03-08-2004, 03:29 AM

Default Results

UTG had 77, and beat me with his 7's full. My question is, at anypoint can I get away from this hand? Or is there a way I could have avoided not losing ALL of my chips, other than folding to his turn bet. I would have had appx T2200 left at that point
Old 03-08-2004, 05:10 AM

Default Re: Can I get away?

YOu could get away from this but I think that would be weak poker. You catch AQ and hit a beautiful flop.

Ok you said UTG limped. So you can safely rule out AK. the only other hands leading you are A7 and 77. A7 is very unlikely UTG so I would just push my chips in because hes alot more likely to be holding alot of other hands rahter than the exact 77.

after the flop I assume there is 8400 in the pot? And if he taps you it should be about 3k to you. you are getting over 3-1 on your money and there are very few hands that can beat you. It would take a huge read to make a laydown like that I personally would just suck it up and move on.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
YOu could get away from this but I think that would be weak poker. You catch AQ and hit a beautiful flop.

Ok you said UTG limped. So you can safely rule out AK. the only other hands leading you are A7 and 77. A7 is very unlikely UTG so I would just push my chips in because hes alot more likely to be holding alot of other hands rahter than the exact 77.

[/ QUOTE ]

77 never entered my mind, and your right, I couldn't think he would limp with AK, I was actually most concerned with A3 after the turn card. I know what your thinking "WHo would call that big a raise UTG with A3?" It happens, a lot! lol. I figured him for a loose player, and there were a whole hell of a lot of hands he could have that I could beat.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Results

Unless you know this opponent will not go the limit here without 77 or AK I don't see how you can get away from this hand. Your description of this opponent does not put him in this category. Only 2 hands can possibly beat you and he had one of them. There are so many more hands he could have and called you with here. PP 9-QQ if doesn't believe you have an ace. Or how about Ax suited. From your description of your opponent he likes to see flops and doesn't mind gambling to hit a flop. He just flopped more of a monster than you did.

Remember , there's only 2 hands that could beat you 77 and AK. That being said, even against a better player it would have been difficult to not go broke here.

KC
Old 03-08-2004, 01:47 PM

Theres no way you could've gotten away there imo. 77 or 33 were the only realistic hands he could've had that had you beaten. Don't worry about stuff like this...it happens.