Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2004, 09:45 AM

Default 10-20 2 hands all fold to an LP

Hand 1

All folds to me in the CO I have 10Jo I call, button calls, blinds both call.

Flop

A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to me I bet button calls, blinds fold.

Turn

2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet button calls

river

7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, button bets, I call

Hand 2

all fold to me on the button and I have A8o I raise, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop

4 3 10r

BB checks, I bet, he calls

Turn

Q

BB checks, I check

river

BB bets, I fold
Old 03-03-2004, 12:37 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: 10-20 2 hands all fold to an LP

hand 1: if you want to play this, you should probably raise preflop. anybody can raise with anything after you openlimp here and put the onus on you to hit the flop.

hand 2: i think a second barrel should be fired on the turn. their call on the flop is no more meaningful than their call preflop.
Old 03-03-2004, 03:34 PM

He caught his flush in hand 1 with the 82d. I really should have raised it. I kind of realized the mistake right after I saw the guys hand. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I have to admit I went a little braindead here and thought there was a caller to me at the time.

In hand 2 I got a little gun shy. I doubt the guy was angling but I had just cr'd him on the river a couple of hands prior and I felt he was setting me up for a cr on the turn there. I kind of saw him loading up his chips. I may have been wrong but I was done investing bets in that hand. If either of my cards hit I would have called but I didn't suspect I was getting him out of there at that point.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:54 PM

Hand 1, may as well throw out a raise preflop, but otherwise that's fine. Your read is he's on a flush draw, it hit, and you didn't lose an extra bet.

Hand 2, fine preflop, fine on the flop... I agree with the other poster that the flop-call doesn't mean much, and you could throw out another bet on the turn. Alternatively, you can "check out" of the hand like you did, because odds are you're beat. Why pay to see if ace high is good? You haven't invested all that much, the pot isn't big anyhow, get out of there.