Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-2004, 12:00 AM

Default So what is the differeence in no limit an limit?

Please excuse me. I'm quite drunk. But just so it doesn't affect your decision on this hand I wasn't drunk at the time. As a matter of fact, I folded long before the hand became interesting.

The gist of it is that I was JJ, I 3 bet an EP raiser, it was called in 3 or 4 or 5 spots. Flop comes all rags. I bet. 3 or 4 or 5 call. turn comes a Q of something. The early position raiser checks, I bet, it gets raised and reraised behind. I obiviously fold. River comes a Jack.. So heeres my question. I'm not questioning my fold. I still believe that was the right move. but how many bets are you willing to go with a set of jacks on the river. Especially, when you consider in No limit you arre probably willing to shove quite a few chips in "just to see where you are at". Most of us limit players get hung up on an extra BB here and there, but with no limit we don't nearly get as percise with how much we win or lose in a particular situation. I guess I'm just wondering why is it in no-limit I'm willing to bet a pot sized bet on this hand , bu t with limit poker I'm wondering where to save a bet on the river, cause I knaw I'm beat. Do' nt get me wrong, the point of my post is to ask, "why are you willing to bet a pot sized bet on a pariciu8lar hand in NL, but will stop at 2 BB in Limit?

Just for grins, I think I answered my own Question thinding abour the obvious anwserw to my question. However, I've learened more from posting questions on this forum than ever anwereing . so my post has served its purpose.

I'm still curious in your thoughts.. THands.
Old 02-29-2004, 12:11 AM

Default Re: So what is the differeence in no limit an limit?

Sheesh, if you're going to post while drunk, at least post pictures you'll be embarrassed about in the morning. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm no NL player, but I think the anser is in the difference in implied odds of hands between the two.

- Jim
Old 02-29-2004, 12:24 AM

Default Re: So what is the differeence in no limit an limit?

well Big Iniand,
I appreciate your anserer, but on the rivere there is no implied odds. Ya got what ya got. It could be I'm a vdery poor NL plyaerer but I'm wondering where is the diffence? If presented with a simpimlar position I'm betting much differentnly in each situation. In big begt I'm betting a bung. In limit I'm betting wiht some conservations. Help me out. Why?