Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2004, 02:16 AM

Default how close have you come to the holy grail?

i was playing at a table the other day where there was a true maniac -- auto raise on his action every time, no matter what -- (great) who had turned the rest of the table into huge calling stations (even better!).

i had AA and it was capped PF with about 6 other callers. this set me to wondering, how close to the holy grail of a perfect 120BB pot (capped on all streets 10 ways) has anyone seen-- or better yet, won -- at limit hold 'em?

i can't remember the specific hand, but i know i've seen at least a 35 or 40BB pot at 2/4, and i'm sure others have seen bigger.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:18 AM

Default 80BB. 2/3rds of the way there.

80 BB's at Ladbrokes .50/1 many moons ago. Biggest I've seen. I won it two. A rivered, raised for value on the turn, flush.
Monster pots weren't all that unusual in the early days there. It made Party .50/1 look like a Rock Garden.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:58 AM

Default Re: how close have you come to the holy grail?

32.5 BB at Poker Stars 5-10. Ok, I'm done talking about it.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:50 AM

My biggest pot was 39 big bets in a Mirage 5-10 stud game. I had (9,9)9,x and my two opponents had (7,x)7,7 and (6,x)6,6

I had a 30 big bet pot in a Mirage 20-40 game with my set of Kings vs. a set of 3's and a flush draw. 4 bets pre-flop, 3 bets on the flop, 3 bets on the turn, 1 bet on the river.

I won both pots.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:57 AM

This just happened to me!

Seat 2: calarts ($282 in chips)
Seat 3: MasterJC ($108 in chips)
Seat 4: FrankLaf ($58 in chips)
Seat 5: nuyds ($9 in chips)
Seat 6: indignation ($149 in chips)
Seat 7: becca36 ($44 in chips)
Seat 8: wytknight ($344 in chips)
Seat 9: _Chip_ ($235 in chips)
Seat 10: bigfish64 ($300 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
wytknight posts blind ($1), _Chip_ posts blind ($2).

PRE-FLOP
bigfish64 folds, calarts folds, MasterJC calls $2, FrankLaf calls $2, nuyds folds, indignation folds, becca36 calls $2, wytknight calls $1, _Chip_ checks.

FLOP [board cards 6D,8D,4S ]
wytknight checks, _Chip_ checks, MasterJC bets $2, FrankLaf calls $2, becca36 calls $2, wytknight calls $2, _Chip_ calls $2.

TURN [board cards 6D,8D,4S,7S ]
wytknight bets $4, _Chip_ calls $4, MasterJC calls $4, FrankLaf calls $4, becca36 folds.

RIVER [board cards 6D,8D,4S,7S,5D ]
wytknight bets $4, _Chip_ calls $4, MasterJC bets $8, FrankLaf bets $12, wytknight calls $8, _Chip_ calls $8, MasterJC bets $8, FrankLaf calls $4, wytknight calls $4, _Chip_ calls $4.

SHOWDOWN
MasterJC shows [ AD,KD ]
FrankLaf mucks cards [ QD,JD ]
wytknight mucks cards [ 9C,5C ]
_Chip_ mucks cards [ KS,6C ]
MasterJC wins $97.

SUMMARY
Pot: $100 | Rake: $3
calarts loses $0
MasterJC bets $24, collects $97, net $73
FrankLaf loses $24
nuyds loses $0
indignation loses $0
becca36 loses $4
wytknight loses $24
_Chip_ loses $24
bigfish64 loses $0
Old 02-26-2004, 05:04 AM

biggest limit hand I've been involved with online was 50-some BBs. B&M, I've had larger than that due to stupid people who, once it's heads-up, offer to just go all-in instead of re-raising each other for ten minutes.

Those hands were followed by quotes like: "i didn't even see the straight flush", or in one case "I thought I had the ace! I really thought I had the ace."

Old 02-26-2004, 05:18 AM

I never really understood the people who want to just go all in when it is heads up. I can't think of a situation that could possibly happen that wouldn't be a split.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:28 PM

I won a pot of over $400 in the Foxwoods 5/10 game (it was not a kill pot). I flopped a set of 7s against another guy who flopped a set of 8s and another who made a straight on the turn. I made quads on the river.

I'm sure I've won some bigger pots online, but I can't remember them.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:58 PM

Default $300 in a 2-6 spread...

i once won a $300+ pot in the 2-6 spread limit game at the excalibur. since it's spread limit there isn't really a concept of a SB or a BB....but it was capped 6-way on every street except pre-flop and 5-way on the river if i remember correctly. the final board was K7JJA with a flush possible and i won it with KJs.

i have no idea what anyone else had since i tabled my hand first and everyone else just groaned and mucked. given the action i actually thought i was going to lose to KK or AA but a) these people were full on drunk maniacs b) it was 6 in the morning c) there was no way i was doing anything but raising once the pot got that big. i would imagine that the others had: a jack, an ace, a straight and a flush of some sort. the entire pot was in white chips though so it was pretty hilarious needing 3 racks for it. the dealer also gave me a high five.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how close to the holy grail of a perfect 120BB pot (capped on all streets 10 ways) has anyone seen-- or better yet, won -- at limit hold 'em?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not close enough ...

Largest I can remember is $199 in a Party 3-6 (33 BB). UTG was a loose cannon, and raised preflop...4 or maybe even 5 coldcallers and I coldcalled on the button with AQo. Flopped Broadway, bet/raised at every opportunity (multiway capped on the flop), and at the end, the board was KJT-x-9 when the BB bet $1 all-in. UTG completed, I raised one more time, and BB just called.

BB had a Q, UTG had K4 for top pair. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]