Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2004, 06:12 PM

Default Sometimes I just love party!

Just had to post this hand, thought it was quite funny [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold 'Em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) checks, Hero raises, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 folds.

Flop: (11 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, Hero raises, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: (14 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, SB calls, UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, SB folds, UTG caps $3.5 (All-In), Hero calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 22 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font>

Results in white: UTG shows 7c Kd (a full house, Aces full of sevens). Hero shows Jc Ac (four of a kind, aces).
Old 02-25-2004, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Sometimes I just love party!

[ QUOTE ]
</font>Results in white: UTG shows 7c Kd (a full house, Aces full of sevens). Hero shows Jc Ac (four of a kind, aces).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm.....glitch??

TheRake
Old 02-25-2004, 06:51 PM

<font color="white"> Oops, not to good with the cut and paste thingie. Never was [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>
Old 02-25-2004, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Had a hand very similar, Party 2-4

They don't get any smarter.

Hero has 88 in the SB (suits don't matter)

5 to the flop
Flop comes: K K 8
Capped three ways.

Turn: 2
capped 3 ways

River 8
Capped three ways, but before which 1 types in " we can't all be chopping" and "who's the fish paying off"

After I table the quads, I type in " must be me."

Old 02-25-2004, 09:05 PM

If it's a glitch it's on party's side, I haven't put in the result evaluator yet. Then there will be glitches. Oh yes, then there will be glitches.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Had a hand very similar, Party 2-4

[ QUOTE ]
Capped three ways, but before which 1 types in " we can't all be chopping" and "who's the fish paying off"

After I table the quads, I type in " must be me."

[/ QUOTE ]
I wanna be in that game.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:28 PM

Good job of taking advantage. One thing I have noticed in LL is that people tend to get really exited when they get big hands (boat, flush, etc.) They will bet into a royal flush (i know because I have ignorantly done this before [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]) if they think they can get away with it. Im glad I have learned from my mistakes and am now more aware of the board.

They should have known better (for their sake, not yours) to call the river.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:32 PM

Is this really a terrible play by UTG? As more and more Aces hit the board, the odds that the pre-flop raiser (you) has one go way down. At the river I'd be assuming you didn't have one.

I think I'd check-raise you with a full-house, too. I'd make a crying call of the 3-bet, assuming you had KK-TT, but if I was only $.50 away from being all-in anyway, I'd go ahead and cap and be done with it.

How many here would play UTG's hand differently at the river? Their biggest mistake was playing K7 UTG, followed by the call on the turn.