Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2004, 01:41 PM

Default Impressions of Party 5-10 game?

I was just browsing the structure of different games, and it looks like the Party Poker 5-10 and 10-20 games have a structure that would be friendly to my style. With a .50 ante (5-10 game) at only 10% of a SB, and a bring-in of $2 which is somewhat larger than the usual bring-in of 1/3 of a SB, it looks like my tight style would have an advantage over someone even if they were just too loose on 3rd street. With the rake at a max of $3 = 0.6SB, any kind of loose opponents should make this game nicely beatable.

Do you guys have any familiarity with this game, its regulars, etc.? I will probably jump in during the next couple of days.

Thanks ... Dick
Old 02-25-2004, 02:45 PM

Default comments / recently they changed the structure of 10-20

The structure of the party 5-10 is pretty standard for most places, both online and live. I have always liked the structure and been able to beat it no problem. The players can vary greatly in that game at party. Be selective about your game. Sometimes it can play real tight, other times it is moron city. You should have no problem making a profit at the game tho.

As a side note, they recently changed the structure of the 10-20 game, changing the $5 bring in to $3, which is much better for us pros / semi-pros.

al
Old 02-26-2004, 01:16 AM

Default Re: comments / recently they changed the structure of 10-20

my friend wrote the essay on why should they do that...and Mike sexton sent him $50 dollars and said he would do it...guess he did.