Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2004, 01:45 AM

Default hand review

This was posted in the beginers forum with no response so I copied it over. Thanks in advance

I was playing a 10+1 SnG at party, blinds were 200. I was on the BB with T800 (about 5th out of 6)
Cards are dealt I get a Q5o (don't remeber suits)
LP limps, SB completes and I check.

Flop
Qd 5c 7d

okay, here is where I want advice....
I open with the 200 bet with the thinking, I have two pair but a flush draw possible, no free cards, but am hoping an overcard will chase. LP limper calls (T1100) SB folds (one down!)

turn
9d

I bet another 200, again worried LP has a flush draw(now worried about just a high diamond, no freebies, they call. Which makes me think no bet no flush yet.

river is a blank, I have <200 and push it in, since the LP never raised to me, they call and.......

LP has 68d I'm out

Any suggestions as to mistakes or better ways to play? I suspect i should have pushed with the two pair and stolen blinds and the LP call to live and fight another day, but hindsight is always 20-20

Old 02-21-2004, 01:58 AM

Default Re: hand review

Hello Hiding.

Try the "1-table Tournaments" Forum for SnG posts. That's what it's precisely for, I believe.

As for the hand I wouldn't waste a seconds thought on it. There was no way you were going to win this hand.

The guy flops a flush draw and open-ended straight draw. You could move allin on the flop and he will still call. He's slightly better than evens to have the flush or straight by the river. You are *barely* the favourite I'd guess.

suspect i should have pushed with the two pair and stolen blinds and the LP call to live and fight another day, but hindsight is always 20-20
Correct. That's result orientated thinking. I'm pretty sure he'd have called anyway, and certainly should have (with the pot and your short stack.)

SnG posts = 1-table Tournaments Forum though. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]