Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2004, 11:46 PM

Default Help on a hand?

I was playing a 10+1 SnG at party, blinds were 200. I was on the BB with T800 (about 5th out of 6)
Cards are dealt I get a Q5o (don't remeber suits)
LP limps, SB completes and I check.

Flop
Qd 5c 7d

okay, here is where I want advice....
I open with the 200 bet with the thinking, I have two pair but a flush draw possible, no free cards, but am hoping an overcard will chase. LP limper calls (T1100) SB folds (one down!)

turn
9d

I bet another 200, again worried LP has a flush draw(now worried about just a high diamond, no freebies, they call. Which makes me think no bet no flush yet.

river is a blank, I have <200 and push it in, since the LP never raised to me, they call and.......

LP has 68d I'm out

Any suggestions as to mistakes or better ways to play? I suspect i should have pushed with the two pair and stolen blinds and the LP call to live and fight another day, but hindsight is always 20-20 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2004, 07:29 AM

Default Re: Help on a hand?

with this little money, push in on the flop. if the blinds were smaller, it makes more sense to make a smaller bet then push in on the turn. but here you want to maximize your chances of winning the pot since you don't have enough chips to get away from your hand if you are raised.

the end result would have been the same, but this is the better way to go about it.