Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2004, 08:20 AM

Default Did i overplay this?

Hey guys, just wondering, even thought I lost the hand, if I played this ok. My whole thinking throughout was that I was probably best and I should make them pay to draw. Is this right?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold 'Em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero raises, MP3 folds, CO-1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (14.5 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, CO-1 folds, CO raises, Button calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero 3-bets, CO calls, Button calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (14.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG bets, MP1 calls, Hero raises, CO folds, Button calls, UTG 3-bets, MP1 folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (24.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG bets, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 27.75 BB

Results in white: <font color="white">Hero shows Qc As (a pair of aces). Button shows 2s 5s (two pairs, fives and twos). UTG shows 4d 3s (a straight, two to six). </font>

All comments appreciated, thanks.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Did i overplay this?

Depending on the aggressiveness of the UTG player, I would consider mucking the turn to the 3-bet. If he wouldn't do this with most any 2-pair, or a strong draw, then calling down is fine. Otherwise, mucking is alright, even in a pot this large. Against your typical loose/passive player, which is looks like UTG is, you should definitely fold the turn.

What range of hands did you put UTG on after he bet the turn? After he 3-bet?

GoT
Old 02-17-2004, 09:22 AM

your two opponents here shouldn't have seen the flop. Just need to play tight against this sort of player and hammer then when you get dealt a good hand
Old 02-17-2004, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Depending on the aggressiveness of the UTG player, I would consider mucking the turn to the 3-bet. If he wouldn't do this with most any 2-pair, or a strong draw, then calling down is fine. Otherwise, mucking is alright, even in a pot this large. Against your typical loose/passive player, which is looks like UTG is, you should definitely fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

After he leads into you on the turn after you three-bet the flop, I'd just call and check/call the river. This actually would have cost you far less to see the showdown, and I'd rather get a guranateed showdown for 2BB than a possible showdown for AT LEAST 2BB.

I don't think you can fold the turn.