Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2004, 05:44 PM

Default Pokerstars WSOP satellite question

Hey everyone -

I finished in the top three out of 240+ players in the $3 (plus rebuys) tournament on Pokerstars last night and won a seat to the $615+$35 second round satellite to the WSOP.

What if I played another similar tournament this week? Would I win $650 or an entry into a future second round tournament? I read the FAQs and other materials on the Pokerstars website and couldn't find an answer.

If no one knows off-hand, Ill just email them. But thought others may be in the same boat and would want to know. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2004, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars WSOP satellite question

the tournament is a target for the next $650 satellite. if you are already entered in the target tournament you will win $650 W$ which are good for tournament entry for any event in which W$ are accepted as buy-in.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:25 PM

Alekhine8 -- the "W Dollars (W$)" system is explained on the following page:

http://www.pokerstars.com/tournaments.html

I notice that you are registered in tourney #981271 (listed in the "WSOP Cash Sats" portion of the "WPT/WSOP" tab in the main lobby).

You can go to the tournament lobby of #981271 and click "unregister". That will give you $650 in W$. They will show up when you go to the cashier. The W$ can basically be used for any tournament on PokerStars relating to the WPT or WSOP or WCOOP etc.

And to answer your original question, if you don't unregister but simply enter another satellite and win again, you will automatically get W$ -- it would be explained in the email you got from PokerStars after your second win.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:35 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I assume the W$ are not transferable into cash. Ill plan on playing out the WSOP second round satellite and go from there.

Im hoping for a pretty good turnout in that satellite - it would be nice to play for 5 or 6 seats instead of everyone gunning for 1 or 2. We'll see on Sunday.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:05 PM

With an entry fee of $615, and a prize package of $11,000, 1 person in 18 will win a trip to the WSOP. It seems likely that there will be over 100 players in this tourney (and possibly many more). Assuming 108 players, 6 people get trips. Assuming 180 players, 10 go. I would imagine you will not have to worry at all about having to get in the top 2 to win your seat. Good luck in the super.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars WPT satellites

If you won a seat to the 10,000 FPP tourney on saturday can you cash those FPPs in? That's $100 worth of books.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars WPT satellites

[ QUOTE ]
If you won a seat to the 10,000 FPP tourney on saturday can you cash those FPPs in? That's $100 worth of books.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, if they follow past practise. You would have to wait until Saturday morning at 8am EST, then go to the tournament lobby and click "unregister".