Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2004, 03:22 PM

Default Two Weakish plays....

These are both typical loose/passive tables, and I have no exceptional reads on the opponents involved.

HAND1
Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Teddy_CIA has T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and is CO

EP2 limps, MP1 limps, Teddy_CIA limps, Button folds, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(5 SB): J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets, BB folds, EP2 folds, MP1 folds, Teddy_CIA calls

Turn(3 1/2 BB): 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, Teddy_CIA calls

River(5 1/2 BB): 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets, Teddy_CIA calls

Ok, I played this like a total calling station [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Should I raise the flop to see if I'm outkicked and/or get a free card on the turn possibly? Otherwise, it seems as though I almost have to check call down since I have no other information on this player....

HAND2
Teddy_CIA has Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and is BB

EP1 limps, MP2 limps, CO limps, Button folds, SB limps, Teddy_CIA checks

Flop(5 SB): 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, Teddy_CIA checks, EP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks

Turn(2 1/2 BB): 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, Teddy_CIA bets, EP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB folds

River(5 1/2 BB): T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Teddy_CIA checks, MP2 checks, CO checks

I checked mainly because with two opponents left, I was concerned about the jack. If I bet out here and am raised I'm probably beat and would have to pay two bets instead of one. Is my logic here flawed?
Old 02-16-2004, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Two Weakish plays....

Hand 1:

I think I'd raise the flop, call a 3-bet but fold to a turn bet if I don't improve. He limped in the SB: the way most players are on Party, he could have anything from 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to 72o.

Hand 2:

I probably would have bet the river. Your hand is probably the best; there aren't always monsters under the bed. That being said, I think checking the river isn't bad either. It may induce a bluff from one of the players, and if they've made a hand, it will cost you less.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Two Weakish plays....

Hand 1

I muck this pre-flop.

As you didn't, raise the flop, and if just called then bet the turn and river, folding to a turn check-raise, although I'd pay off a river check-raise just in case.

If three-bet on the flop, I'd probably call and then fold the turn against a typical (loose-passive) opponent.

Hand 2

PF, flop and turn played fine. My reply is probably a little tainted because you showed both opponents checking behind on the river, and obviously you didn't know they would do this when you checked. So I'm gonna say bet, although it's not great because you have to pay off a raise.